Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • When your married to an engineer there is no such thing as a "simple request" to make a big board ironing board >
  • When your married to an engineer there is no such thing as a "simple request" to make a big board ironing board

• When your married to an engineer there is no such thing as a "simple request" to make a big board ironing board

Old 05-17-2011, 04:06 PM

I know how you feel, I get this from my hubs a lot, now the problem is I have a son who is an archetect, well I better look out, everything is done on a grand scale. I quit asking, its easier.
    Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM

A compilation of that post should be sent everywhere they teach,practice engineering.
    Old 05-17-2011, 04:20 PM

This sort of sounds like a conversation at my house. But, we do love our engineers, don't we? Mine always says, show me a picture of what you want.....and then I might get it several years from now. My sympathies.....
    Old 05-17-2011, 04:23 PM

Dog House Mom, I told my DH I loved him a lot and proceeded to read him your post and before I was half way through he said " Her husband is correct half inch won't work". At any rate you have given so many people a good laugh today, you are to be thanked. I might add when we bought our house that we are in now 8 years ago my husband wanted an unfinished basement so he could "fix" it the way he wanted,8 years of fixing,1 million trips to Lowes,and Home Depot, the basement was finished last week. We now have a basement that has way better stuff than the upstairs and I have to say I got one heck of a sewing room. Keep the faith he means well.
    Old 05-17-2011, 05:26 PM

My husband is NOT an engineer, but I do know a few. My old saying is "If you want it done right (or your way), DO IT YOURSELF. And I did make my own and I used plywood and layers of padding. I've had it for almost 10 years, no problem.
    Old 05-17-2011, 05:31 PM

I picked a day when mine was gone, bought a piece of plywood cut to size at Lowe's, brought it home and covered it. I just set it on top of my ironing board when I want to use it. :) When not in use, it leans behind the door.
    Old 05-17-2011, 05:46 PM

Oh Boy i can see i am not the only one feeling frustrated when i need DH to do something for me i just read your story with a smile on my face but i must say the end product is always fantastic my DH is not an engineer but he may as well be. The main thing is that we do love them and they mean well we just need to have a little more patience when we need their help. Good Luck with the board. :)Picture please when it's finish:)
    Old 05-17-2011, 06:00 PM

I read every last post on this thread, LOL, I have an son who is an engineer, love him dearly!!!
    Old 05-17-2011, 07:01 PM

Not all engneers are men - some of us are women AND we quilt too! IMO - there's nothing wrong with being an engineer.
    Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 PM

Women sends engineer husband to the store for a gallon of milk. As he walks out the door she tells him if they have eggs get six. He returns with six gallons of milk. She said why did you get six gallons of milk. He said they had eggs.