Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Whew. That Was Skeery. But I'm So Excited! :-D >
  • Whew. That Was Skeery. But I'm So Excited! :-D

• Whew. That Was Skeery. But I'm So Excited! :-D

Old 07-01-2010, 05:21 AM

I am very thrilled for you. We all need something for ourselves sometimes.I just tell my husband , when he sees my fabric stash and quilting toy's that it keeps me "off the streets and out of the bars!"...just kidding him, I don't drink at all! I got a BIG hankering for a long arm quilter,but couldn't affort $14.000.
    After much net research I finally found one I could afford at Bailey's on the net+it fits my Grace frame She isn't fancy, but she's great and they have good after-service.Recently I found "Bayside" on the net and bought several patterns, called "quiltboards." Now I pick my pattern. Set my frame stylis in the quilt board groove and go to town.
    Love it, Love it! I have no connection W/ either store, just passing along what I did.Most of us can't afford one of those fancy name longarms. Bailey's is affordable.
    Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
    Thanks! :mrgreen:

I'll have my face pressed up against the window every day, looking for the UPS man! :lol: Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?
    I would be just like you except, I would be on the porch listening for vehicles to pass by and see if it was the UPS truck. Enjoy your purchases and show us the outcome of all those quilts!!
    Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 AM

I also bought the stitch regulator. Now, I don't want to bring down your anticipation, just a word of wisdom from someone who bought one. The first one had some problems that I isolated to the cords and the buttons were wiggly like they had been pushed in too far. When I pushed the button to make it auto-stitch, I'd get this wierd power fluctuation and then it would stop stitching. I called and they sent me another one which is why I could isolate it to the cord that runs from the box to the machine. Just be sure to check it when you get everything set up. Oh, the Juki likes lots of oil :)
    Old 07-01-2010, 04:43 PM
    Banned

I am doing a happy dance for you. Oh I can't wait for you to get your new toys. God bless. Penny
    Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 AM

Thanks for the tips, Shibori!

The Juki and the frame arrived yesterday. I had to wait until Hubby got home a little while ago (he works nights) to open everything. I couldn't even scoot the boxes, much less lift them! LOL! That is one heavy machine and frame! Both definitely seem SOLID, which is what I was looking for.

We're putting the frame together right now. So far the legs are together. It came with a DVD that walks you through the assembly, and although there are a lot of parts, so far it's been straightforward. :) But Hubby sure groaned when he first opened the boxes and saw all the doodads, gizmos, and gadgets inside! :lol:

The accessories were shipped in a different box, and they're supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Bummer. So I'm waiting on the stitch regulator, the light, the extra bobbins, needles, thread, etc. But at least I can play with the machine and we can get the frame built this weekend, hopefully. We've got to take a 55-gallon aquarium down, move the bed, and move the wall-mounted TV in order for it to fit in the bedroom. What "fun" that'll be! Hubby's also got to work on his truck this weekend, so we'll be juggling several projects. Oh well. At least we won't be bored! :)

I've got a table runner and a couple of kid-sized quilts for Project Linus ready to go as soon as everything's here and put together. :)
    Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM

Still waiting on the stitch regulator and the quilting software. Apparently they got left out of the boxes, because we went through everything, and they're just not here. :( I called a little while ago, and they're supposed to send them.

I tried the Juki out over the weekend. That is one SLICK machine, and BOY is it fast! Almost intimidatingly fast! LOL! My regular machine is an older Singer, and it seems like a turtle now. :mrgreen: I like how straightforward the new machine is. I told Hubby I need two of them ... one for the quilting frame, and one to piece with! :lol:

Oh, and the frame measures about 109" long.
    Old 07-06-2010, 03:25 PM

The Juki rules! I want another one too. Actually, I'd like to get a long arm and keep the Juki for piecing. Regardless, the Juki goes nowhere. It might be buried with me....
    Old 07-07-2010, 01:55 PM

Still going 'round and 'round with SewVacDirect. :hunf:

I'd waited until the last shipment arrived yesterday to see if the stitch regulator and software were in that box before calling them. I opened the box, and found my bobbins, needles, leader strips, thread, and lamp ... but no stitch regulator or software. I called them immediately, and the guy said he'd check with the shipping department and have them send the missing items out to me. I followed up with an e-mail asking them to send me the tracking number when the package was shipped.

The same guy called again today, asking if the box I got yesterday had the missing items in it. Um, NO ... and I told him that yesterday! >>bangs head>crosses fingers
    Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 PM

Congratulations to you on your recent purchases!!! Have you got it yet, well have you???? I just had to ask in case you've gotten tired of having your face plastered to the window,lol!!!
    Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 PM

It's not over yet. I got the stitch regulator today, but STILL no software. :evil:

The box they shipped in is retail packaging for the stitch regulator (no exterior box at all -- just the shipping label stuck to the stitch regulator box). Even before I opened it, I had a big lump in my throat that said "This doesn't look right".

I opened it, and sure enough, there's no software. I even looked underneath the plastic tray that holds the parts to the stitch regulator, and there was nothing. There's not even enough room in the box for anything extra.

I tried to call them, but I guess they were closed because all I got was their voice mail. I left a message, and am also fixing to follow up with an e-mail with the pictures attached.

It took forever to save up all that money. All I want is what I paid for. :cry:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-77905.jpe   attachment-77906.jpe