Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Who do you follow on line? >
  • Who do you follow on line?

• Who do you follow on line?

Old 10-07-2022, 04:06 AM

I follow Pat Sloan because it is light and friendly. I rarely make here quilts as presented but I have saved and used a number of her block patterns. Bonnie Hunter is not my style although I check out her quilt patterns from time to time. Many of my local quilty friend love her, so I get all the info about her that I need. I do follow "Just Get it Done Quilts" and have gained some good tips. I particularly like her longer interviews with quilters or others in the field who are knowledgeable about thread, design and on and on. "My Carolina Home" I find interesting because it is filled with photos of the natural world, animals, food and good recopies, as well as book recommendations and of course lots of quilts and quilting ideas. She only posts twice a week so I am not buried in postings. I also pop in on others but not on a regular basis
    Old 10-07-2022, 05:32 AM

I used to follow a guy who was funny and did some beautiful quilts. For the life of me I cant remember his name, I think he had some medical problems, like needed a kidney transplant. I wish I could remember so I could look him up and see how he is doing.
    Old 10-07-2022, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P
    I used to follow a guy who was funny and did some beautiful quilts. For the life of me I cant remember his name, I think he had some medical problems, like needed a kidney transplant. I wish I could remember so I could look him up and see how he is doing.
    Mark Lipinski?
    Old 10-07-2022, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Mark Lipinski?
    Yes! Oh my gosh! It was one of those times where I could not remember. Thank you!
    Old 10-07-2022, 07:00 AM
    Power Poster

I love Erica Arndt on Youtube. She always has some interesting project going on. Also love Donna Jordan, MSQC, a lady in England (can't think of her name) but she's so sweet and fun.
    I don't know what I'd do w/o Youtube. There is a tutorial for everything possible! My husband and I both find answers to questions from computers to plumbing etc.
    I follow a few folks not related to quilting as well. Gardening, nail polish, stuff like that.
    Old 10-08-2022, 08:23 AM

My latest favorite on YouTube is The Opinionated Quilter with Maureen O'Conner
    Old 10-08-2022, 04:57 PM

Fun thread! I do like Bonnie Hunter, but really only follow during mystery season. Becky, from Quilted Twins (where does she get all of the time and energy??); she has scads of free patterns on her website. https://blog.quiltedtwins.com/new-blog There is little to watch on TV, so sometimes I watch folks on YouTube. I really like Brenda from Conquering Mt. Scrapmore, she's very down to earth. https://www.youtube.com/c/Conquering...hBrenda/videos
    Old 10-08-2022, 06:10 PM

I like a grocery list of folks on YouTube, let's start with Angela Walters once was the 'Midnight Quilter,' then there is Donna Jordan, Rob Propel, Edyta Sitar, Jenny Doan and the girls of MSQC, Kimberly Jolly of Fat Quarter Shop and also her cross-stitch videos, and last but not least Alex Anderson Live, so busy watching you tubes I can't get very much else done

cherryb
    Old 10-08-2022, 07:20 PM
    Power Poster

Bonnie Hunter is not my cup of tea, but I like to keep up with what Donna Jordan is putting out, as well as Just Get It Done, MSQC and Angela Walters.
    Old 10-09-2022, 04:33 AM

Can't say I really follow any one avidly, as there are too many designers I like. I do read Jo Kramers blog and sometimes Bonnie Hunters, will watch a new video from Missouri Star and video's from Donna Jordan. I will buy a couple quilt books each year from various designers.