Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Why does this always happen? >
  • Why does this always happen?

• Why does this always happen?

Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by KSue
    Hi - I am working on this same pattern from McCalls - I have everything all paper pieced and cut out - I just need to get started on sewing the darn thing. I am a little bit intimidated about sewing the curves.
    I really don't do piecing. I can paper piece but when they say take off the paper and piece the curves they lose me so I applique the curves. So there quilt police!
    Old 04-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by applique
    Hi - I am working on this same pattern from McCalls - I have everything all paper pieced and cut out - I just need to get started on sewing the darn thing. I am a little bit intimidated about sewing the curves.
    I really don't do piecing. I can paper piece but when they say take off the paper and piece the curves they lose me so I applique the curves. So there quilt police!
    Probably because I worked in the garment industry so long, and set thousands of sleeves, I developed a knack for curves. As much as I despised that job, I can honestly say it sure taught me a lot! Appliqueing the curves is a wonderful alternative though. No Quilt Police were alerted during this discussion :lol:

Probably because I worked in the garment industry so long, and set thousands of sleeves, I developed a knack for curves. As much as I despised that job, I can honestly say it sure taught me a lot! Appliqueing the curves is a wonderful alternative though. No Quilt Police were alerted during this discussion :lol:

Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Rats, triple post. Sorry!
    Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM

I have always wanted to do a wedding ring quilt now I can thank you . :D :thumbup:
    Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Originally Posted by jpthequilter
    Well, I had my weekend full of quilting and posting. Back to reality now. I have to set up a step ladder so I will have a place to stack all of the dirty dishes that have accumulated in the sink. :-( I used paper plates and plastic forks all weekend because I ran out of regular dishes and silverware by Friday evening. :-( Now I must pay the piper and get busy attending to the mountain that has piled up to just below the top cabinets. I need a dishwasher! One that is at least 6' tall, and muscular with a cheery disposition and (aa my late Nana used to say), has a nice view from the behind. :-) Since I didn't see one in the classifides this morning, I guess it is up to me.
    LOL Funny! I have the same problem! I have the excuse of being 81 though!
    Can you sell a quilt and buy a mechanical dishwasher? I have a little robot vacuum cleaner that runs around keeping the floors clean.. It has the artificial intelligence of a cricket...and is called a roomba, and it is easy to pick threads out of its roller / brushes.
    Can you trade table toppers or baby quilts for help cleaning, from some of our younger children occupied quilters? Call it a quilter's retreat, they go home with a finished project, anf your house is more orderly.
    They just might enjoy a half day out - away from the clamor?
    I remember that I would have. There is some kind of magic about helping in somebody elses house.J
    J
    That's a great idea! For some reason is doesn't seem as bad cleaning someone elses house as my own. I did get my dishes finished, but it took most of the day since they needed to air dry between washings. I posted a link in the non-quilting section entitled "How to wash dishes in 5 easy steps......"
    LOL! YAY! I have the same problem, no place to put drying dishes! Jeannie
    ps I used to have a friend, when I was young, and we would clean each other's houses together, talking a blue streak! Never has been as good since then!
    Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
    Well, I had my weekend full of quilting and posting. Back to reality now. I have to set up a step ladder so I will have a place to stack all of the dirty dishes that have accumulated in the sink. :-( I used paper plates and plastic forks all weekend because I ran out of regular dishes and silverware by Friday evening. :-( Now I must pay the piper and get busy attending to the mountain that has piled up to just below the top cabinets. I need a dishwasher! One that is at least 6' tall, and muscular with a cheery disposition and (aa my late Nana used to say), has a nice view from the behind. :-) Since I didn't see one in the classifides this morning, I guess it is up to me.
    LOL Funny! I have the same problem! I have the excuse of being 81 though!
    Can you sell a quilt and buy a mechanical dishwasher? I have a little robot vacuum cleaner that runs around keeping the floors clean.. It has the artificial intelligence of a cricket...and is called a roomba, and it is easy to pick threads out of its roller / brushes.
    Can you trade table toppers or baby quilts for help cleaning, from some of our younger children occupied quilters? Call it a quilter's retreat, they go home with a finished project, anf your house is more orderly.
    They just might enjoy a half day out - away from the clamor?
    I remember that I would have. There is some kind of magic about helping in somebody elses house.J
    J
    That's a great idea! For some reason is doesn't seem as bad cleaning someone elses house as my own. I did get my dishes finished, but it took most of the day since they needed to air dry between washings. I posted a link in the non-quilting section entitled "How to wash dishes in 5 easy steps......"
    LOL! YAY! I have the same problem, no place to put drying dishes! Jeannie
    ps I used to have a friend, when I was young, and we would clean each other's houses together, talking a blue streak! Never has been as good since then!
    Old 04-04-2011, 06:44 PM

Finished the project I was working on when I got distracted with the DWR idea. Not perfect, as some of the Geese wings got clipped in flight I think. 3rd UFO I've finished. Now off to DWR world. (It only looks un-square because it's pinned to my LR drapes.)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-179797.jpe  
    Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM

Totally normal.