Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • wide ironing board at Wal-Mart >
  • wide ironing board at Wal-Mart

• wide ironing board at Wal-Mart

Old 12-06-2011, 05:25 PM

I bought mine at Wal-mart and love it! The size is great. I was also able to find the covers at Wal-mart too. Shelf on bottom is very handy.
    Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 AM

I'm wondering if super Walmarts are the only stores that carry these. I'm going to search these out, would love a wide one.
    Old 12-07-2011, 05:00 AM

I like mine from Walmart but they don't carry a replacement cover for it.
    Old 12-07-2011, 05:04 AM

That's good to know about. Thank you! I'm off to look for one in my area now.
    Old 12-07-2011, 05:37 AM

I volunteer at a historical site in the costume shop and they just purchased one which helps pressing those huge skirts on the costumes. I am thinking of getting one myself. It would be great for pressing fabric after laundering.
    Old 12-07-2011, 05:40 AM

Thanks for the hint - I have to stop at WalMart tonight for something else, I think I'll wander over and see if we have it here in VA
    Old 12-07-2011, 05:49 AM

I wanted the big boards for ironing and this summer my DH and I got the plywood and had it cut - enough for 2. One for my regular home and one for the vacation home. Well the boards got put away in the garage and I waited for him to round the corners and drill the holes. When he tore apart my DD car to fix it for her, I saw the boards back in the corner. One day while he was at work, I took them upstairs and made both of the boards myself. I really love ironing my fabric on it. Right now I just set it on top of my ironing board,but eventually, I want a cabinet to set it on with storage.
    Old 12-07-2011, 08:43 AM

I have this ironing board from Walmart on my Christmas list. For my area, I have to order it for ship to store, they don't have it in the store.

When I looked at the listing a month or so ago, it indicated that the cover is included; I had somewhere read that the cover is not included.

I wonder if anybody could provide the size of the hole (opening) into which the iron fits. I purchased a new iron which seems to be a little larger than most.

Thanks in advance,
    Cathy
    Old 12-07-2011, 05:26 PM

WOW- just what I'm looking for - this goes on my Christmas Wish List - THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!
    Old 12-07-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by cmw0829
    I have this ironing board from Walmart on my Christmas list. For my area, I have to order it for ship to store, they don't have it in the store.

When I looked at the listing a month or so ago, it indicated that the cover is included; I had somewhere read that the cover is not included.

I wonder if anybody could provide the size of the hole (opening) into which the iron fits. I purchased a new iron which seems to be a little larger than most.

Thanks in advance,
    Cathy
    The hole is 5 1/4 x 6 1/2. The iron sort of leans into the area, supported by two slanty shelf-type things. I have to be honest, I do not put my iron there, but it is a handy area to hold pieces that need to be ironed. It also has a bar there for hanging shirts when I iron, and I put my spray starch can there. I am not sure why I don't put my iron there. It certainly supports it. Habit, I guess, plus that part of the ironing board sticks out next to the door to my sewing room. Maybe I am afraid I will knock the iron off?

Dina