Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • wide ironing board at Wal-Mart >
  • wide ironing board at Wal-Mart

• wide ironing board at Wal-Mart

Old 08-20-2011, 01:32 PM

Dina, thank you - I have no doubts on your comment, my first thought was that maybe it was a return and they might have just put it back for sale on the floor. I am going to call my local Walmart and ask if they have it in stock. I've been looking for a wide board and I think this one will do just fine. Thank you!!
    Originally Posted by Dina
    Oh my! I didn't realize you could hang shirts on that bar! I like that a lot. Thanks procrastin8r!!

Marysewfon, the angle the iron would sit at is about a 45 degree angle. I really doubt I will put my iron there until I get more confident. I ironed for the first time today on it...just pieces I am sewing into blocks, and so far....I just love this ironing board!!

Debbie, I know it says not available in stores, but I promise I bought mine there yesterday, and it sounds like others have done the same. We have 3 Wal-Marts and I wonder if all three have them....though I am not curious enough to go look. :)
    Old 08-20-2011, 01:35 PM

Geri, I just went back to the website to look at the details of this ironing board. It says nothing about height adjustment - sorry.
    Originally Posted by Geri B
    I just looked at Walmart's site to see the wide ironing board....and it states - not in stores - lucky to whomever to have found one at her store....I think I'll take a peek Monday.....

QUESTION: can the height of the board be lowered? My now ironing board stands alongside my sewing machine at the same height as the machine cabinet, so I can just roll to it and iron...does this have the height adjustment capability???
    :-(
    Old 08-20-2011, 01:41 PM

I just looked to see how much shipping to my home would be...$3.97 !! That's a great price to avoid stuffing it in my car and hauling it home myself! LOL
    Old 08-20-2011, 01:43 PM

perfect! go for it!
    Old 08-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Dina - thank you for answering my iron/steam question.

Otherwise, my Mom had one of those ironing boards that expanded at one end. Guess it was a thing of that era, can't find them - but they were neat.

And, yes, I have also turned my ironing board around so that I am ironing over the wider portion and it helps - but these wider ones would be fabulous for ironing the big uncut or bulky fabrics. I would bet we will probably see more of them, Wal-Mart might be "testing the waters" to see how well they are received before they stock up on them.

Marysewfun :-)
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:29 PM

The ironing board is adjustable, I have already had it at three different heights, just to see which I preferred.

I didn't buy the only wide ironing board there either....there were four more behind it.

Anyway, I continue to be pleased. :)
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:31 PM

Thank you for the follow-up on that question, Dina
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:41 PM

Thanks so much for the tip. I am going to Wal-mart tomorrow!
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:47 PM

I have a 28" wide hollow core interior door (very light) that i have on 2 rolling shelves my husband made for me. I then covered it with and old wool blanket and then a flannel sheet. I just love it. I can iron full widths of fabric with no problem. If I'm working with smaller stuff there is room for my cutting mat too.
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:47 PM

I have a 28" wide hollow core interior door (very light) that i have on 2 rolling shelves my husband made for me. I then covered it with and old wool blanket and then a flannel sheet. I just love it. I can iron full widths of fabric with no problem. If I'm working with smaller stuff there is room for my cutting mat too. sorry double post :D