Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Wonder Clips, and Elmers >
  • Wonder Clips, and Elmers

• Wonder Clips, and Elmers

Old 12-13-2013, 04:36 PM

LOVE Wonder Clips. When I saw yesterday's MSQ daily deal were the jumbo clips I hit that "send" button so fast your head would spin. I have no idea what I'm going to use those big ones for but it seemed important for me to have them LOL.
    Old 12-13-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I have never seen wonder clips before. Silly me I 'discovered' that I could use small binder clips the same way, and best of all they don't cost much at the office supply store. I buy the pretty ones that are sold for scrap booking because of the extra layer of paint that keeps my quilts from scratches or rusting.
    Try a wonder clip for a while. Borrow one if you need to. I think you will see quite a difference between the binder clips and wonder clips. Wonder clips are flat on the bottom and have seam line markings on them. Maybe you will like your binder clips better. LOL

As for Elmer's School Glue, some people buy it by the gallon.
    Old 12-14-2013, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
    Me, too! I also use bobby pins, which are super cheap and easy to handle.
    I have used bobby pins for hemming and stuff like that - then found the snap hair pins - then tried a few of the wonder clips - and find I use which ever I can get my hand on at the time of need - but the wonder clips are neat. I have 10 but thinking of getting more.

Marysewfun
    Old 12-16-2013, 05:09 AM

Amazon has the wonder clips at various prices, including 50 for 11.99, free shipping on $35 purchase from that seller.

Remember Elmer's is only a brand name, and others make school glue too; I've been using Staples own brand purchased for one cent a bottle at back to school time. Works just as well as the Elmer's, which went on sale at the same time for 99 cents.
    Old 02-05-2014, 08:37 AM
    Power Poster

I just got some of the red clover wonder clips. like them but how in the world do you open the container they come in?? I got it open finally once. closed it by accident. hate this thing. how do you open it? or what did you transfer them into for storage. I tried a gum dispenser but it didn't hold them all. anyone?? I want to send some to a friend in England but with a storage container too. hate what they come in.
    Old 02-05-2014, 08:40 AM

I love my wonder clips, in fact I have two containers of each size. Regular wonder clips (red ones) & Jumbo clips (green ones). The binding is super helpful, plus I also use the clips in alterations.
    Old 02-05-2014, 08:47 AM
    Power Poster

yes but how do you open the plastic box they come in? I fought with it and got it open by accident the first time. now it's shut again. I don't want to ruin my scissors by using them to pry it. and what do you keep them in after that. I will toss this container if I ever get it open again. or somehow cut the "top" off so I can lift it off in future. help!!
    I just emailed them too.Whew ,finally got it pried open. then cut the lid off separately. now I can use their container.

Last edited by nativetexan; 02-05-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 AM

I never thought of trying bobby pins, I am going to try this next time I need to pin. I do find even with the wonder clips that an entire quilt using the wonder clips does tend to shift. I still use pins a great deal, I find when I am sewing along, especially with binding I will take a pin out, but put it in further down, not much and I pin across the seam. I am always on alert that I get the pins out before I sew. I have pinned the entire quilt, it does not shift, but in doing so I ususally pick myself somewhere along the sewing. Yes the wonder clips are fine things. I am going to try the glue, too. Last time I tried it was all over the place, my fault, what a mess all the way around.
    Old 02-05-2014, 09:25 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan
    yes but how do you open the plastic box they come in? I fought with it and got it open by accident the first time. now it's shut again. I don't want to ruin my scissors by using them to pry it. and what do you keep them in after that. I will toss this container if I ever get it open again. or somehow cut the "top" off so I can lift it off in future. help!!
    I just emailed them too.Whew ,finally got it pried open. then cut the lid off separately. now I can use their container.

I had the same problem. I glued a yo yo on the top lid of the box and that solved the problem of opening it upside down and spilling all of them.
    Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 AM
    Power Poster

ha, ha. thanks. Can't wait to see what Clover has to say.