Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year??? >
  • Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year???

• Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year???

Old 10-11-2011, 06:56 AM

I actually live a little over a mile from 127 near Lake Cumberland which is in south Ky and the yard sale is a blast for me I can north or south and still get a full days shopping done and be home to rest up for the next day. I would like to make a week of it sometime though.... Glad you enjoyed it Billy and looks like you have got the 127 fever LOL
    Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 AM

I would love to go to a sale like this but don't know if my body could take it. Since I'm originally from KY, it would be great to plan a trip home and take in this event. I bookmarked the link and will keep it in mind.
    Old 10-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Which one did you go to, Billy? The Hwy 127 Longest Yard Sale is in August each year. There's another one in just TN...is that the one you went to?
    Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by jljack
    Which one did you go to, Billy? The Hwy 127 Longest Yard Sale is in August each year. There's another one in just TN...is that the one you went to?
    You know I was thinking it was the longest one but it might not have been. Like I said I rode for 10 miles and saw 3500 or so vendors and there was no end to the sale in sight. I might have to back up anfd punt on this one!! :lol:

Billy
    Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM

Billy, I did a google search and this is what I found. "Yard sales and the Meriweather Lewis Arts and Crafts Fair are on the second full weekend in October and coincide with Ocktoberfest in Hohenwald, TN." It also said that the yard sales extended for miles in every direction from Hohenwald.

Since you said in your PDA that you were going to Hohenwald, I'm sure this is the one you were at. The Longest Yard Sale on Rt. 127 is always in August, according to their web site. I actually found that there are several highway yard sales in Kentucky and Tennessee during the summer.
    Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM

So that's where it was...Hohenwald at the famous Oktoberfest!! OK...so you weren't just going for the yard sale...all that beer!! LOL

I am keeping track of all the cool things to do in TN for when DH and I relocate there in a couple of years. I'll have to write this one down!! :-)
    Old 10-11-2011, 03:11 PM

OK, so I found 2 Davis VFs to bid on today...crossing my fingers...they are the early ones that take the #10 Boye needles. Found some of those to bid on too. I am going to have to really hide it if I get it...DH kind of put his foot down...not too hard, but did make his point! LOL

But I have a little leverage...he had knee surgery last week and I am his caregiver...he can't get too mad right now, right??? LOL
    Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Originally Posted by jljack
    You know I was thinking it was the longest one but it might not have been. Like I said I rode for 10 miles and saw 3500 or so vendors and there was no end to the sale in sight. I might have to back up anfd punt on this one!! :lol:

Billy
    Wow! Just think of what the World's Largest one must be like then!
    Old 10-11-2011, 04:26 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by deplaylady
    Wow! Just think of what the World's Largest one must be like then!
    Thats what I am thinking!!! I was just going by what my SIL told me when she asked if we were going.

Okay I recant, this was the biggest yard sale in Lewis county and I can still fill a 40' enclosed trailer!!!! Now I am wondering if I need a bigger trailer for the other one............... :P :P :P :P

Billy
    Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 PM

My dad lives on Hwy 27 just east of Jamestown (on Hwy. 127--the sale run). We've made the sale several times. It always takes 2 full days to cover from Jamestown, TN, to Jamestown, KY. Traffic is so slow, and at any time the car in front of you may slam on its brakes to look at something along the roadway. If you aren't taking a self-contained camper, you have to make reservations for cabins, motels, and RV spaces almost a year ahead. These are very limited.