Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Worst Quilt Contest Entries. >
  • Worst Quilt Contest Entries.

• Worst Quilt Contest Entries.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 AM

Wow -- this site makes even my quilts look great!!!
    Old 05-25-2009, 08:24 AM

You people are BADDDD. Imagine if one of those people are on here and reading what you are saying. Everyone is not as gifted as you all are. We all have to start somewhere and not everyone has the craftiness in their soul but we all need to give them an E for effort and call it a day. They won a prize with their craft, even tho its for being the worst, did we?

You never saw a picture of mine. Maybe because I am ashamed to put a picture on here, you maybe say nice compliments but do you mean it.

Jane in Florida
    Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by janedennis
    You people are BADDDD. Imagine if one of those people are on here and reading what you are saying. Everyone is not as gifted as you all are. We all have to start somewhere and not everyone has the craftiness in their soul but we all need to give them an E for effort and call it a day. They won a prize with their craft, even tho its for being the worst, did we?

You never saw a picture of mine. Maybe because I am ashamed to put a picture on here, you maybe say nice compliments but do you mean it.

Jane in Florida
    Jane, the thing with that contest is that people sent in their OWN stuff. They know how bad it is, the major mistakes they made that they can now laugh at and probably learned a lot from. I don't think it's done in a mean spirit. We laugh because I bet a whole lot of us have been there, done that. We laugh in sympathy and remembrance of the horrible things we have done too.
    Old 05-25-2009, 08:51 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    Originally Posted by janedennis

Jane in Florida
    Jane, the thing with that contest is that people sent in their OWN stuff. They know how bad it is, the major mistakes they made that they can now laugh at and probably learned a lot from. I don't think it's done in a mean spirit. We laugh because I bet a whole lot of us have been there, done that. We laugh in sympathy and remembrance of the horrible things we have done too.

So true Pam, I could have entered one in that contest1 I keep my failures in a closed plastic tub, and every once in a while I get them out and laugh at myself! :lol: :lol:

I do believe it was done in good fun, at least that is the way I took it!
    Ninnie
    Old 05-25-2009, 10:05 AM
    Power Poster

I think this contest opens up a whole new category of inadequacies. Just imagine getting rejected for "not being bad enough." At that point, do you laugh or do you cry? :D

I read about a quilt horror where a woman used the polyester serger thread to sew a quilt top. When she ironed the top, all the thread melted and she had to start over.
    Old 05-25-2009, 11:12 AM

Maybe some of you did, but some people who have been criticized may not.

Jane
    Old 05-25-2009, 11:28 AM
    Power Poster

Jeepers!!!! I could do better than that if I had my eyes closed the whole time I was working! In fact that is how these look their best, with my eyes closed.
    Old 05-25-2009, 12:19 PM

Everybody starts somewhere and I personally give each and every one of these quilters an "E" for effort. If nothing else, it adds credence to the concept that quilting does require many skills to have a successful looking finished project. All of them tried but missed the mark but they did try. Look hard and I bet you could say something positive about each of them. ("oh, good colors" or "oh, good design")

(and it makes me terrified to EVER enter any of my quilts in a show....)

from a retired special ed. teacher who always tried (and still tries) to see the good in everyone and everything.....
    Old 05-25-2009, 03:00 PM

Yeah if they didn't have a sense of humor about it they would never have entered the contest knowing full well what it was about. I do not like insult humor cause it is mean in my opinion but the people being made fun of did not sign up for that. These people did and I applaud their courage.
    Old 05-25-2009, 03:54 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
    Yeah if they didn't have a sense of humor about it they would never have entered the contest knowing full well what it was about. I do not like insult humor cause it is mean in my opinion but the people being made fun of did not sign up for that. These people did and I applaud their courage.

We have all had those quilts that just didn't pan out. They knew exactly what was wrong with their quilts, that's why they entered, trying to win "The Worst Quilt Contest" We aren't laughing at them, but joining in laughing with them! I applaud them for being able to laugh at themselves!

Ninie