Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Which would you choose??? >
  • Which would you choose???

• Which would you choose???

Old 12-28-2010, 06:40 AM

I'm looking at a new machine myself. I just checked out the Janome 6500 on Sew Vac Direct and boy, what a great price they are offering. That looks like the best machine for the best price without compromise. Unless you are absolutely sure you will use and enjoy the embroidery feature the 6500 looks like the one to me. Good luck and happy hunting!
    Old 12-28-2010, 06:48 AM

I currently have the 6600P and have had it far almost a year and love it. I'm also looking at another machine for embroidery. I would love to have the 11000se but DON'T want to trade my 6600 and not sure I can afford to have it and the 11000SE so I'm also looking at the 350E. I also looked at Bernina830 (10,999 on sale)and some others but they are WAAAAYY out of my price range and I don't like the dealer for Viking, they don't seem to care if you are in the store or not so I'm not sure I would get good service if I needed it. I have been reading on the MCEmbroidery group on yahoo and everyone seems to really like Janome, Brother and Bernina but I don't have a brother dealer anywhere close to where I live

Hope you have fun trying them out
    Old 12-28-2010, 06:51 AM

You may find reviews on these machines at patternreview.com
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by llong0233
    I'm looking at a new machine myself. I just checked out the Janome 6500 on Sew Vac Direct and boy, what a great price they are offering. That looks like the best machine for the best price without compromise. Unless you are absolutely sure you will use and enjoy the embroidery feature the 6500 looks like the one to me. Good luck and happy hunting!
    Check out the 6600 its best for quilting cause it has the accufeed to pull top and bottom material together to prevent puckering so if your gona be quilting then everyone likes 6600 better :-)
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
    I think your statements say it all. You know which one you want, but you seem concerned because not as much owner feedback. Can your dealer give you some owners you can contact?
    Good idea I will see if she can ty :-)
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by sharkee
    I currently have the 6600P and have had it far almost a year and love it. I'm also looking at another machine for embroidery. I would love to have the 11000se but DON'T want to trade my 6600 and not sure I can afford to have it and the 11000SE so I'm also looking at the 350E. I also looked at Bernina830 (10,999 on sale)and some others but they are WAAAAYY out of my price range and I don't like the dealer for Viking, they don't seem to care if you are in the store or not so I'm not sure I would get good service if I needed it. I have been reading on the MCEmbroidery group on yahoo and everyone seems to really like Janome, Brother and Bernina but I don't have a brother dealer anywhere close to where I live

Hope you have fun trying them out
    wow thats waaay more than I want to spend just for home use $11 grand thats alot !!
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by mamaw
    Horizon; which I have. Embroidery is expensive and often times one doesn't use it much after they get it.
    Are you in love with horizon??? lol
    Tell me what you think about it
    :?: :?:
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 AM

If money is not a big issue, then I would get the top of the line to do both sewing, deco stitches and embroidery. I don't think you would ever be sorry.
    Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM

I hesitate to recommend anything to anyone, but I will tell you this: I have the original 11000 (bought when they were first on the market), not the 11000 Special Edition, although I could upgrade, for a price, to SE if I felt the need. I have really enjoyed my machine. It's had to have the computer tweaked on 2 occasions (different tweaks, but same issue) and I've had to have 2 LED lights replaced, which are expensive, but it sews & embroiders like a dream. (All the original 11000 machines are a bit noisy while they embroider, but don't know about the SE.) I love the fact that the screen moves up so that it is both out of my way and at eye level and I love the fact that I don't have a separate embroidery unit to hook onto the machine.

The 11000 does have the free arm for garment sewing.

I like to look at the expensive dedicated embroidery machines and I'd love to have one, BUT I can only concentrate on one thing at a time, so I either sew or I embroider and never would do both at the same time. As long as my combo. machine keeps sewing well, it's all I need and am grateful to have it.
    Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 AM

Bernina!