Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Would you pay this for a Featherweight? >
  • Would you pay this for a Featherweight?

• Would you pay this for a Featherweight?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:09 PM

The last one I saw in Saskatchewan(black) was being sold for $575 Canadian. Case and attachments. Glad I have mine.
    Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 AM

Snap that baby up right away and smile all the way home. I paid more than for mine and it's the black one. Those tan ones are few and far between. Most places you can't get near one for less that $500.00.
    Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 AM

Snap that baby up right away and smile all the way home. I paid more than for mine and it's the black one. Those tan ones are few and far between. Most places you can't get near one for less that $500.00.
    Old 12-20-2010, 06:51 AM

Make sure you check out the serial # & get pic before you buy of the black box & sewing attachments. Go online and make sure its a real one not one of the dupes thats out now. I have a 221K love it .
    Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 AM

I'm getting a FW for Christmas, but my DH wanted me to sew on it and make sure it worked. He got it on e-bay and the seller offered a 7 day return policy. It was very sluggish and seemed to have difficulty getting going. I oiled her up and she sews like new. I can hardly wait till Saturday!!! I say all this to advise that even if you test it out and it moves slowly probably a little oil will help. Also make sure you get the bobbin case in correctly or it won't sew right. I had to figure it out since when I got it the bobbin case had been removed at some point but it wasn't replaced correctly so that took a few minutes to figure it out.

If it were me and it is the machine you want I'd jump on it.

Marie M.
    Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 AM

I would not buy the 221K - it weights more than the actual featherweight. I have a featherweight if you want to buy one. It is the original and if I remember right it is a 1948, but I will have to check. I just oiled and cleaned it and it works great. If you are interested PM me and I will send you pictures etc later this after noon.
    Old 12-20-2010, 09:11 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
    I would not buy the 221K - it weights more than the actual featherweight. I have a featherweight if you want to buy one. It is the original and if I remember right it is a 1948, but I will have to check. I just oiled and cleaned it and it works great. If you are interested PM me and I will send you pictures etc later this after noon.
    The 221K is a Featherweight. The only difference is that is was made in Scotland and not the US, hence the "K".

Billy
    Old 12-20-2010, 09:23 AM

A 221K is an actual Featherweight. It came from Kilbowie Scotland. That is why it has a K behind the 221. It is identical and weighs exactly the same.
    Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
    A 221K is an actual Featherweight. It came from Kilbowie Scotland. That is why it has a K behind the 221. It is identical and weighs exactly the same.
    In total agreement.
    There is no weight differences.
    Made in Scotland.
    Old 12-20-2010, 09:51 AM

That sounds like a more then fair price for a tan featherweight. Aren't they the rarest of the three colors?