Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • YAY! I won a $50 gift card! >
  • YAY! I won a $50 gift card!

• YAY! I won a $50 gift card!

Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Smile YAY! I won a $50 gift card!

I did a survey the week after Black Friday for Jo-Ann Fabrics, and I actually won a $50 gift card, which arrived today! I'm a fairly new quilter, just started in October, but I am totally hooked. I have a small(ish) stash, and several WIP right now. Since it's only $50, I can't get the AccuQuilt Go I have my eye on....and I've spent all morning looking online at things I could buy...but I'm stumped!

I could use some organizational stuff, but honestly, need a peg board or some shelves above my workspace before I get too much storage stuff, and have no where to actually put those things.

And of course, I could use more fabric! LOL - who couldn't?! But, is there anything that I really shouldn't live without? I have a bolt of batting I got at Black Friday, and I stocked up on thread then too. I have a few rulers, and a rotary cutter. So...anyone wanna help me spend my free money??? What would you buy?
    Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 PM

happy dance
    Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 PM

Congratulations! I would love to spend it for you. I like buying fabric when I have gift cards. Free stuff is so much fun.
    Old 01-03-2012, 05:02 PM

Needles, a good supply. Thread nippers, small scissors. My gosh there are so many things you can buy, but how many do we really need? Needles is a good one though, I think.
    Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
    Banned

Well, you will always need more fabric...LOL! So that is probably a great place to start. See what they have for sales and stock up on sale item basics
    Old 01-03-2012, 05:50 PM
    Power Poster

is there a book or pattern you have been wanting ? Wide backing ? Gosh I could have it gone in a flash

Congrats It is nice to know people really do win
    Old 01-03-2012, 06:17 PM

A 6 x 24 ruler, a 4x8 ruler, an OTT light (they are on sale this week), a good pair of scissors, a good pair of nippers has been wonderful, and fabric for the quilt you want to do next.

Be sure to combine your gift card with coupons. You can get twice as much for your money.

Enjoy!
    Old 01-04-2012, 06:17 AM

WooHoo for you. That is great. Just think of what all you can get with that!
    Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 AM
    Power Poster

When I don't have a specific purpose for buying fabric, I can always use some good quality background fabric. A neutral shade for pieced blocks or background for applique. It also might be a good time to splurge on a specific ruler like the Twister or X block.
    Old 01-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Well, I did stock up on needles, as I only had 1 extra! I ended up getting fabrics. They had some cute Christmas fabric that I used on my potpourri and jar mixes this year, so I stocked up on that for next year. And I picked out some fabric that I'm thinking I'll make a bed runner with, but for now, it's in my newly re-organized area. I got a new pair of scissors when I started quilting a few months ago, and added some little thread snippers from a LQS a couple of months ago that I love, so I had those bases covered for now. I hadn't thought about a 4x8 ruler, though. Maybe that'll be the next thing I pick up. It was fun spending it though!

And yes, it is nice to know real people are winning those things! I hadn't really ever won anything like that, and almost thought the email was spam when I first ready it last week! HAHA SO glad I didn't delete it!