Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • You all kept me up past midnight! >
  • You all kept me up past midnight!

• You all kept me up past midnight!

Old 12-06-2020, 06:47 AM

Another one here for Coffee and Quilting Board. My coffee consumption is way up this year but my quilting productivity has dropped sharply...

But I get so much joy and energy from seeing the work everyone does. I've only been on the boards for a couple of years, but I've stopped subscribing to magazines because I find more inspiration here daily than in a magazine monthly.

Thanks all of you for participating, even those who don't post much. I know you are out there and am glad to have you join us as well. I started quilting quite young, as a senior in high school and I was rather intimidated by the "little old quilting ladies" but as I've become one myself I've found that quilters are generally quite wonderful people but it took me a long time to join in the discussions.

I was a happy solo quilter for decades until I joined a good guild and found the joy of community. And then things happened, the guild moved farther and my vision issues made it so I couldn't drive at night any more and I was still working days. More things happened but one of those was the internet! It's a wonderful way to connect with people who share our interests, and maybe more importantly broaden them. We can be very different people, we can quilt very differently, but we share quilting and that's a wonderful thing.
    Old 12-06-2020, 07:00 AM

I agree, it's a great place to be. Very informative as well as those "aha" moments. I started learn how to sew back in 2011. I've come a very long way ( 3 machines and a long arm later). It's a great feeling to be here. It's motivating and refreshing to see the old bonds and the newly formed ones. Happy crafting to all!