Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >
  • Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

• Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 AM
    Banned

Not sure if I will be making Christmas gifts this year. Will see. I made 8 quilts, and 7 bags as gifts last year. If I do anything it may be Xmas tabletoppers this year or runners.
    Old 10-11-2010, 06:28 AM

I have 3 1/2 quilts to make by Christmas. Thank goodness they are only 54 x 72. I have been frantically working on them every day after work and on weekends. My hubby is beginning to feel ignored. I have decided that someone may get an unfinished quilt.
    Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 AM
    PJO

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
    I just changed my avatar and it looks like there's a way to upload, so here goes.
    That is soooo cute! I love it! You did a really good job!!!
    Old 10-11-2010, 07:16 AM

Good question Craftybear but I have 'swap' deadlines to meet; Christmas bazaar items to complete for the November 21st bazaar first, and then....

I hadn't really thought about how far Christmas was until you mentioned it. It IS my favorite time of the year.

I will have to let you know when the ideas in my mind begin to form... oh, and they also have to be realistic! I tend to think I can do monumental projects in short amounts of time when it comes to Christmas... Anyone else do that :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Not quilters, right :?:
    Old 10-11-2010, 07:35 AM

In a few months, my company will be merging with another and most of the ladies in the office will be going elsewhere. There are six girls that I am making lap quilts for (except for one that is a baby quilt) and I would love to get them done before Christmas. (pray for THAT).
    I'm doing D9P's and wicked easy patterns. Doing the binding on the baby quilt ( will be done today) and I have 2 and a half other tops done.
    Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
    msuewhite: Yours is gorgeous too. It's sure fun to have granddaughters to make them for. I'm also going to - or hope to - make a quilt for my 98 year old dad using old pictures of him and his family. He's been fixated on pictures of himself and his parents, so I thought a lap quilt with the old pictures would really keep him warm, in spirit and body.
    I also have 3 sons, 3 DGS and 1 DGD. I love the quilt.
    I am looking for the pattern and cannot find it. I will have to try to find FP mag.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Old 10-11-2010, 08:12 AM

Homemade jellies, breads, candies, whatever--along with potholders, embroidered towels -- I have found that the next generations seem to appreciate such items because of the time and thought of the crafter in making the items. My family has had many table runners--and still want more of these. Quilts to each one of course, not necessarily at Christmas. An elderly (more "elderly" than I) gave me crochet patterns of edgings (books were 10c each then) I have used for pillowcases for the great-nieces and nephews for this year. Their responses were "yes" when I asked it they would like these. Now I will have to try to make bow tuck bags--new to me.
    Old 10-11-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Old man- New quilter
    In a few months, my company will be merging with another and most of the ladies in the office will be going elsewhere. There are six girls that I am making lap quilts for (except for one that is a baby quilt) and I would love to get them done before Christmas. (pray for THAT).
    I'm doing D9P's and wicked easy patterns. Doing the binding on the baby quilt ( will be done today) and I have 2 and a half other tops done.
    Hey, Hi! I lived in Kirkland for many decades. I do hope you will be able to get your quilts done. Waving from eastern Washington.
    Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 AM

I have 2 queen size quilts in the works, as well as a stadium throw size which will be the jewel in my quilting crown. It's for my mother (who would never read this link so it's safe) who appreciates the workmanship in traditional quilting patterns but it's just not her style. So I've found paper piecing patterns for things that she likes or that remind me of her - like a cruise ship, a high heeled shoe, the beach, a margarita, stuff like that. In the middle is a huge Christmas tree laden with gifts, and I'm going to sew on Swarovski crystals for the tree lights. I can't wait to see the finished quilt, it's going to be adorable!
    Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 AM

Well, when I saw the "Spicy Spiral table runner", I sent for the pattern and am going to make some runners for gifts, also making pillowcases....