Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Are you going to sew today?! >
  • Are you going to sew today?!

• Are you going to sew today?!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:19 PM
    Power Poster

It's a little warmer here today. I have today and tomorrow off from work so I will do some sewing. I'm working on my lone star quilt. I am starting the back today.
    Old 10-24-2009, 01:34 PM

My day is mostly finished. I started with morning coffee revving me up while I worked on handstitching the binding on a lap quilt for my GF. I'll post pix soon...still have handquilting to do in the centre of each block.

Our day started out sunny and cold, (about 28° F). Warmed up to mid-50's before clouding over and cooling down again. DH spent his day "de-rednecking" the driveway from all his summer tractor project in preparation for having gravel delivered this week.

I also made snack to take to church tomorrow. ;)
    Old 10-24-2009, 03:56 PM

I'm working on my daughter's Wicked Witch of the West halloween costume today, mostly off and on. Sheesh, she's only in kindergarten and absolutely insists on this particular character. :shock: I must have encouraged her about a hundred time to maybe be a princess or fairy or something like that, because I keep thinking she's going to change her mind the day before Halloween. She's having none of it, though. :| She absolutely, positively wants to wear a black witch outfit and have a green face. I'm still trying to figure out where I can find, or how to make, an accurate roundish broom with a singed end. I guess I'll worry about that tomorrow. :?

Old 10-24-2009, 06:20 PM

I have my son's quilt in the dryer now.... The binding took almost 3 movies on Lifetime to get done! lol!!! Only have to sew the label on when it comes out of the dryer. :D :D
    Old 10-24-2009, 06:44 PM

I hope to, after I get my papers graded, grades input and laundry going. 8)
    Old 10-24-2009, 07:20 PM

Iv'e been sewing most of the day, stayed off this puter so I could . Been working on my G-son's grad memory quilt. Have to finish up certain WIPs to get ready for the DJ Cyber sewing deally starting in Jan. Fall is definately here, all the leaves are falling, more work, but it's expected. Was almost 60 today. DH is gone hunting for 2 weeks! It's just me and the doggies.
    Old 10-24-2009, 07:53 PM

I didn't get to sew today :( Haven't been able to for some time now :( (since July) Currently I have a cast on for the next six weeks so I really can't wait to get it off and be able to use all the things that I have been collecting. I'm trying to build a stash and gather the necessary tools for all of the quilting I want to get done. Hope that everyone who gets to quilt will have lots of fun and be very productive.
    Old 10-24-2009, 09:12 PM

I have been cutting fabric and ironing for 2 days. Maybe I can finish after church tomorrow and start sewing it together.
    Old 10-24-2009, 11:33 PM

I didn't get to sew today Haven't been able to for some time now (since July) Currently I have a cast on for the next six weeks so I really can't wait to get it off and be able to use all the things that I have been collecting. I'm trying to build a stash and gather the necessary tools for all of the quilting I want to get done. Hope that everyone who gets to quilt will have lots of fun and be very productive.
    Tigger5464, I have a cast on too (on my foot...where's yours?) and won't be able to get to my sewing machine until after the first of the year! I have been doing some hand sewing though and am really loving it! English paper piecing is my new passion. I made sure I had lots of fabric in a basket and the supplies I need to do the EPP. Now I am looking for patterns to do that are different than the Grandmother's Flower Garden. I want to make a quilt using EPP for my new baby granddaughter who is due February 5th and also one for my DMIL, who celebrated her 90th birthday today!

If I weren't laid up with this bad foot, I would most likely sew almost every day. Not always very much, because my health doesn't allow me to, but at least some.
    Old 10-25-2009, 01:25 AM

Yesterday I managed to get an extra 3hrs of sewing thanks to the Yankees game being rained off.

P.S. Popcorn eating and quilting dont mix.