Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Your daily Quilting Board fix >
  • Your daily Quilting Board fix

• Your daily Quilting Board fix

Old 11-13-2011, 05:38 PM

Yes, I am in Texas and I start my day, most every day with the QB...I get up somewhere between 5 anad 6 every morning....I always look forward to coming in here...I hate it that the posts are so scrambled up now, but I still look forward to it....Unfortunately, the post change positions and whatever...very confusing and frustrating and a search thing.... Hopefully "they" will get all the ugs works out and we will get back to an easy format.... I also usually close my day with the QB, and once again have to search out where I left off in the morning! Such a bother! Oh well...this too will pass!
    Old 11-13-2011, 05:45 PM

It depends when I work, I will check in the morning if I don't have to go to work early. I like it at night when everything is calm.
    Old 11-13-2011, 05:52 PM
    Banned

used to..since the big change, not so much! my life is full and hectic this time of year..trying to find where posts are, navigate the new site, etc...is just NOT on my agenda right now...miss so many friends...miss reading the updates, etc....since nobody replies to things I post any more...or at least I am not getting emails saying that they are..I just don't spend much time on here at all these days!
    Old 11-13-2011, 06:37 PM

I must admit, I log on at least 2 to times per day!!
    Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 PM

I do the same. Sometimes I stay too long on here and then I have to rush to get ready for work. I love looking at all the beautiful creations.
    Old 11-13-2011, 06:56 PM

Same here! I usually start with the board and also check out MSQC daily deal. Then I usually check a couple times and also before I go to bed! So guess I'm hooked also! LOL!
    Old 11-13-2011, 06:57 PM

Yep, that sounds like me too!
    Old 11-13-2011, 07:08 PM

I take a bunch of tablets at the morning , some more after lunch and most of the dose at night because it makes me relax, alive and i feel my self at home with all great family
    Yes, I am addicted
    Old 11-14-2011, 12:05 AM

I've just written a long reply and it's got lost in the sending -which keeps happening. Grr.

So, as I was saying.... I retired 9 months ago and am still really enjoying a more leisurely start to the day. I get up, have breakfast, clear the decks, pour myself some more tea or coffee and switch on the computer. Check emails and Facebook, then onto the board. My rule is just to check the first 3 pages of threads on Main - otherwise I'd never get anything else done! Love the new feature that enables me to read the beginning of a thread without opening it up - non-explanatory subject lines used to drive me crazy. I subscribe to any threads that interest me, then through the day will check my email and go back to them if there've been any new posts. One very small complaint about the new board here (my only one!) - if you link to a thread from email, it takes you to the beginning, whereas on the old board it went to the last post you'd read, which was much easier.

Someone said she'd lost her emails - you can set them up under "settings" or, I've just discovered, if you click on the "advanced" option for your reply.

I come back onto the board in the evening to see what's been added - and maybe during the day if I'm feeling bored or a bit lonely.

I really love this place - I used to quilt with a friend, but do it on my own now, and it's so nice to have people to discuss things with and ask for help. Big thanks to those who give their time to run it, and to everyone who contributes so generously.
    Old 11-14-2011, 01:13 AM

Computer on, breakfast, then cup of tea while tuning in to QB. Still navigating my way round, not as easy as before the change over.