Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >
  • ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

• ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 PM

Every once in a while I attempt to get my sewing room organized. I never seem to finish but one thing I have done that really works for me is whenever I buy fabric or supplies for a project I put it all together in a photo boxes, plastic shoe boxes or zip lock bags so when I go to work on something everything is together.

I've got good ideas I just never put them into practice. I will join the challenge!

Janet
    Old 08-31-2011, 07:54 PM
    Power Poster

I have been working on mine today..
    Old 08-31-2011, 08:23 PM

I have been working on organizing my stash for awhile now, i get distracted, anyway, I am going to get it finished one day , and until then I won't get much quilting down, oh, by the way, at every turn I seem to find more fabric stashed someplace, needless to say, I will not be purchasing any fabric for awhile, and your right Christmas is coming and there is so much to be down before then. :D :thumbup:
    Old 08-31-2011, 08:37 PM

Beat you to it! I just reorganized by fabric and have plans to use of some (note I said some) for Christmas presents.
    Good luck to everyone in getting your fabric organized!!
    Old 08-31-2011, 09:03 PM

My stash grows as my husband barters and haggles. He came home with a large rubbermade tub full of all new fabric and another over flowing with jeans for scrap totaling 5 dollars. Don't see any end in sight with him
    Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 PM

My stash is taking over my whole house. I could make thousands of quilts just shopping in my own stash. REALLY. Does that mean that I won't be buying more fabric? Not a chance.
    Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 PM

That is what I'm doing. Spent a day in July really organizing my sewing room. Now I'm working on a 4 patch posey that I bought the material and pattern last year. Next will be covers for my machines and a valance for the window, then finish the 2 applique quilts I have started and then quilted 2 tops that are finished - then start on fabric from Africa. I have a plan lol!
    Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 PM

That is what I'm doing. Spent a day in July really organizing my sewing room. Now I'm working on a 4 patch posey that I bought the material and pattern last year. Next will be covers for my machines and a valance for the window, then finish the 2 applique quilts I have started and then quilted 2 tops that are finished - then start on fabric from Africa. I have a plan lol!
    Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 AM

Im in, too. I have moved most of my totes of scraps from my sewing room and storage in next room to dining room and am sorting there and compiling kits as I go. Then I will empty shelves and press and refold onto boards to make the on the bolt look. Meanwhile I am making Christmas presents. I know I need to buy batting, backing and some blenders. By the first of the year I will be able to see way too much empty space in here and then I will go shopping WWHHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also plan to do some touch up painting in here and reorganize my tool storage.
    Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 AM

My fabric stash isn't even in my sewing room. It's in a beautiful cabinet in the room next to my sewing room.

Last week I organized my fabric cabinet. It took one whole day. I'm convinced, I do NOT need to go on any shop hops for a while. I can go 'shopping for free' in my living room!