Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >
  • ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

• ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:24 PM

I'm working on a twin sized flannel quilt from stash. Well, I did have to buy some border fabric because I didn't want to piece it but the rest is from stash. When that's done, I'd like to make a flannel throw. I have collected flannel for a long time but not used much. It feels so good to work with!
    After that, I hope to make some pillowcases for a local nursing home and then finish some overdue relative gifts.
    I'd love to be more organized and I think it'll take freeing up more space so this is a great idea! Thanks!
    Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM

My sister-in-law is always stuffing money in her pockets then loses it. So I'm going to make some mini-wallets unless I see something more interesting on QB.....like tomorrow. ;o)

I have such a collection of ideas. I need to get in motion. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:53 PM

I am in. Just put together 2 throw size kits this morning into plastic containers. And the crumb quilts posted today have inspired me big time!
    Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 PM

Just moved all my fabric and stuff back in my big closet after taking it out for new carpet. Hubby finally saw all I had. I went through it all and found some I had forgotten about. I need to get some sewn up as my counsin and I want to go to Houston this year or next.
    Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 AM

Sounds like a great idea. I definitely need to get more organized.
    Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    My problem is that as soon as I make something I give it away. I just can't wait till Christmas. Arghhhhh! Anyone else have that. Also it is not fabric taking over my room but vintage sewing machines. HA!
    I have the same problem - fabric is fairly organized, but what do I do with all my vintage sewing machines??? I can't bear to hide them away, but my space is so small, I can't have them all out! Not enough table space! What to do, what to do....
    I have, however, started my Christmas gifts. I am working on a lap quilt for my DMIL - the "Flash of Lightning" pattern. Sounds more dramatic than it is... :lol:
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:30 AM

But, but, but.......my husband keeps telling me to do this, too/
    I hate to see it dwindle.
    D
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:33 AM

I only have two plastic bins of fabric so I'm organized. I won't be buying more until I get some of my current projects done. Good luck everyone.
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:34 AM

I retired and moved across the country to the same apartment complex I left 10 years ago. Then I was not a quilter. The bigger my stash became, the more I realized how I could use that big old apartment from ten years ago as a great sewing studio. I have a "den" -- 8' x 15' extension of the upstairs hallway that they walled in to call a den. (The other end of the hallway has the building's laundry room.) So that den is about to become my stash room. I've been here 12 days now. Wanted to get the rest of the place unboxed and organized before becoming thoroughly absorbed in the sewing/quilting aspects of life!
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:34 AM

Great idea! Like the lil countdown - wish we could save it to our computers so we could keep up with how many days we have left.

I wish I could get better organized. And I'm trying. I've already been de-stashing some and have a few fabrics pulled for Christmas gifts. Of course, I didn't have enough of a certain fabric and had to buy it yesterday. (College fabric). Maybe I can hit up my stash for lots of the other gifts and not have to buy more until I use up lots of what I have on hand. :lol: :lol: