Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >
  • ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

• ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:50 AM

I've been using mine. I've got 38 12 1/2 in crazy square blocks made so far. Still need a few more for a queen size bed, and 30 scrappy pineapple 12 1/2 inch blocks made. I've also started sewing 1 inch or larger strips together for a string quilt and i also started a dresden plate squares and I've still got tons more scraps. My daughter also give me her scraps when she done making things for her shows, so I'm never in need of scraps I don't know what else I can do with them all. Just keep plugging away I guess. I just love my scraps. I have a whole container full of larger pieces of fabric under my bed but I always seem to be drawn to my scraps. Love scrappy quilts although I am trying to make more regular quilts. I've seen a couple on Elenor Burns site that I want to make. Always seems like there is more to make and keep you busy.
    Old 08-31-2011, 08:59 AM

I've been trying to do this for awhile. I ordered 12 bolts of fabric in March and haven't really bought any since then unless it was needed for a specific project.

I have Christmas to save for, my 1st son's wedding in Vegas in March (so that's a few plane tickets, hotel, rehearsal dinner...), my 2nd son's wedding in June, quilting for the two wedding quilts, fabric for one.....

yeah, I'm in!!!
    Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM

I am cleaning out my hubby's late wife's Fabric Art studio to make into my quilting studio. So as soon as it is cleaned out, I will be sorting and storing all my quilting fabric out there (it is a seperate little house in the back). I might not get much quilting done before Christmas, there is too much cleaning and moving to do, but will be so happy when it is complete. My fabric has taken over my quilting area in the house to the point where I do not have room to do anything.
    Old 08-31-2011, 09:41 AM

Really, a count down to Christmas? I can't even begin to think about that. I'm still in summer mode and intend to stay there at least till the first good rain.
    Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 AM

I just bought 100 comic book sized cardboard stabilizers....have used about 1/2 so far and I am working on washing those fabrics that I know have not been washed. That way if they are on a board, I know they have been washed and are ready to go.
    Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 AM

My stash has dwindled down to nothing. I need to rebuild, but I just moved into dining area, which is now my sewing room.
    Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 AM

Why can I not find the time to clean my sewing room? But I find the time to get on this board. I need help?
    Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 AM

I've started sewing up my scraps into blocks and hotpads!
    Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoyMar
    Originally Posted by craftybear
    this will give you a good excuse to go shopping to buy more fabrics!

Originally Posted by mzmama
    but if I use my fabric I won't have it anymore......
    But,,,,,
    What if you don't have any money and your hubby won't let you use the Visa? (He is so mean). :cry: :cry: :cry:
    And,,,,,
    What if you don't have a hubby and you don't money?
    Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mzmama
    but if I use my fabric I won't have it anymore......
    But then you can justify buying more, silly quilter...:)