Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • You're right dear, I only have $100 worth of fabric...hah! >
  • You're right dear, I only have $100 worth of fabric...hah!

• You're right dear, I only have $100 worth of fabric...hah!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 AM

He would shoot me!!!!! Just hope he never asks.
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 AM

What an enlightening topic. Never thought of insuring my fabrics, and all the gadgets, books, threads, machines and furniture. Yikes!! Recently moved to a new house and hubby knew I was not really happy with the move. He made it his priority to get my sewing room set up first before he even started on the garage. (His cave) so he knows I have lots. He knows how much I spend on my hobby as he does the books; I just have to hand in the receipts. New Years day the local fabric store had 50% off everything. I came home and said look I saved $160. He just shook his head. I’ll ask him tonight about insuring my sewing room contents.
    Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 PM

I enjoyed this thread, chuckling along until I stopped to think. The cost of one ruler X how many rulers I have; how much a pattern costs X how many I have...I have a headache now!
    Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 PM

I told my hubby about this thread and he said "yeah, all the fabric, sewing machines, rulers, patterns.....OMG. Take pics and put in safe place."

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    I enjoyed this thread, chuckling along until I stopped to think. The cost of one ruler X how many rulers I have; how much a pattern costs X how many I have...I have a headache now!
    Old 01-05-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by littleone
    New Years day the local fabric store had 50% off everything. I came home and said look I saved $160. He just shook his head. .

LOL I use this "logic" ALL THE TIME on my DH when I shop! He still tells people the story of how I explained (a la I Love Lucy) how much we "saved" when doing the kitchen renovation because of the cabinet manufacturer and Home Depot messing up so bad that we didn't have to pay the $8,000 for them! He says I completely forget the other $20,000 that went into it..but I'm sticking with my saving story until the bitter end! :D

Tanesha
    Old 01-05-2011, 01:11 PM

I'm glad i'm single. You just gave me another reason to stay that way. lol
    Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 PM

My DH gets all my sale slips..reason we do not carry cash....I have had him track me form store to store....we girls have a day out each week....hitting the quilt stores, one LQS per week, then to Joanns, and on to Handcocks....plus our lunch stop, Olive Garden for soup and salad....sometimes we change up on the place, depending where we are when its time to eat....we are full time RV'ers so I have two compartments full of material..last year he gave me a Babylock Ellageo and this year the Babylock Audery for taking to our sewing classes....trying to fool him is not happening...he added another $15,000.00 just for my sewing stuff....and $4,000.00 for his golf equipment...I think we are equal, as I don't have to pay to be a member of a golf club + green fees each time I play.....
    Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 PM

Being singlekdoes have it advantages but you have made me think I may need to update my insurance also.
    Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM

update -- you CAN get renter's insurance if your name is not on the lease!

My insurance guy called late Friday afternoon and I'm meeting with him Monday to get renter's insurance for my quilting stuff (and probably my jewelry) -- while the bf's insurance can do everything else!
    Old 01-08-2011, 02:07 PM

I added my new machine and fabric and the labour of making to our insurance. I also added in my vintage handmade stuff - while most of it was made by my great grandmother, grandmother, mother and best friend and is irreplacable, I wanted to be able to have something similar to hand on.
    I bought him a fancy new road bike for Christmas - got it at nearly half price, my friend owns a bike shop, so he is adding that to our insurance. He doesn't try to tell me how to spend $$$. I try to make and gift things rather than stash build.