Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • " Falling Leaves and Climbing Vines  -  with a side of dots ! " - Oct 2011 -10 1/2" layer cake Swap.. >
  • " Falling Leaves and Climbing Vines - with a side of dots ! " - Oct 2011 -10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

• " Falling Leaves and Climbing Vines - with a side of dots ! " - Oct 2011 -10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

Old 10-26-2011, 11:49 AM

Well luv I was feeling sorry for you when everybody was telling you to get busy and get to work swapping and one even mentioned sending you chocolate to help you......to help you, I ate 2 pieces of chocolate because "friends don't let friends eat chocolate alone'. Hope it gave you strength to work a few minutes.
    Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by marybrace
    Well luv I was feeling sorry for you when everybody was telling you to get busy and get to work swapping and one even mentioned sending you chocolate to help you......to help you, I ate 2 pieces of chocolate because "friends don't let friends eat chocolate alone'. Hope it gave you strength to work a few minutes.
    HaHa I need a friend like you :)
    Old 10-26-2011, 12:20 PM

LOL!!! Chocolate is a must for some of the swapping. For me, it is during the sorting into groups and then the packaging up. I HATE those parts, but I love swapping around the fabric and feeling all the love from everyone!!! :)
    Old 10-26-2011, 01:45 PM

Now that is what friends are for :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450
    Originally Posted by Momma_K
    Hey, I have a question. On the secret Santa thing, I know the limit is $10.00. BUT what if we find a good bargin on something that is normally say $15.00 and we can get it for 50% off, is that ok? I mean not being cheap but it's a good price for something I know I can use and need and sure someone else would too. I can even get something else to make the whole Gift add up to $10.00 but was just wondering about the half off deal. Follow me?? If not it's ok, I can hardly follow myself at times!! :-)
    I would definatly do it. I belonged to a monthy swap where each month we sent a gift to another swapper. We were instructed that we could send fabric from our stash, fq's, magazines, small quilting books, also things that we made ourselves, which with our time would certainly be worth more then how much we were allowed. I received some very interesting things and was very happy with the swap.
    So much fun!
    Thanks a lot ladies!! Thats what I was hoping to hear. Now, is it ok to ask does anyone have any special requests for anything particular? It may give us some idea on what to get. Of course we don't know who gets what but you stand a pretty good chance of getting something you can use....but first...I think LUV needs to say it's ok to do this...I think. I'm tired and trying to make this understandable...Ha! ;) :lol:
    Old 10-26-2011, 07:50 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by sunrise450
    Hey, I have a question. On the secret Santa thing, I know the limit is $10.00. BUT what if we find a good bargin on something that is normally say $15.00 and we can get it for 50% off, is that ok? I mean not being cheap but it's a good price for something I know I can use and need and sure someone else would too. I can even get something else to make the whole Gift add up to $10.00 but was just wondering about the half off deal. Follow me?? If not it's ok, I can hardly follow myself at times!! :-)
    I would definatly do it. I belonged to a monthy swap where each month we sent a gift to another swapper. We were instructed that we could send fabric from our stash, fq's, magazines, small quilting books, also things that we made ourselves, which with our time would certainly be worth more then how much we were allowed. I received some very interesting things and was very happy with the swap.
    So much fun!
    Thanks a lot ladies!! Thats what I was hoping to hear. Now, is it ok to ask does anyone have any special requests for anything particular? It may give us some idea on what to get. Of course we don't know who gets what but you stand a pretty good chance of getting something you can use....but first...I think LUV needs to say it's ok to do this...I think. I'm tired and trying to make this understandable...Ha! ;) :lol:
    Im good with it.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It has to be wrapped so I cant tell what it is either.. . :shock:
    Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 PM

Thanks a lot ladies!! Thats what I was hoping to hear. Now, is it ok to ask does anyone have any special requests for anything particular? It may give us some idea on what to get. Of course we don't know who gets what but you stand a pretty good chance of getting something you can use....but first...I think LUV needs to say it's ok to do this...I think. I'm tired and trying to make this understandable...Ha! ;) :lol:[/quote]

I totally understand you, but I'm deliriously tired too... That said... I really want one of those little thread/trash cloth bags that hangs/sits off your table. But it probably won't fit in the package size so a pattern would work. :). I'd also like cute pins and cute fabric and pretty thread and oh anything. HaHa
    Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by SheriR
    HaHa I need a friend like you :)
    Yup.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Glad we have her !!!!
    Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 PM

We should leave them all unwrapped so Luv can pick her fav!!!! HaHa >:)
    Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 PM

Ok LUV, not a problem!! I wish I was rich, I'd send something for everyone!! ;-)