Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • "WOODLAND ADVENTURES" Block Swap- Sign Up Closes Nov. 1st, 2011 >
  • "WOODLAND ADVENTURES" Block Swap- Sign Up Closes Nov. 1st, 2011

• "WOODLAND ADVENTURES" Block Swap- Sign Up Closes Nov. 1st, 2011

Old 11-30-2011, 09:09 AM

Smile

Will be eagerly checking the mail box. Probably get blown into the next county cause its WINDY here!
    Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
    Power Poster

**Be watching for those packages!**

If anyone has any concerns, please let me know!
    Old 12-01-2011, 03:18 PM

My blocks arrived today, couldn't wait to open them. I'm so pleased with the blocks I have. Thank you everyone, I love them all and can't wait to arrange them into a wall hanging. THANK YOU Rhonda for hosting this realistic swap!! Donna

moonrise/Lisa, Love the appliqued fox, great background
    Mariposa/Rhonda, great tree block, I love the fabrics you chose.
    Jupiter/Marilyn, I have one of your log cabin-log cabins and a pieced block with the fish and cattails. Love them both
    Lenabeena, Very nicely done pieced block with leaves. Great fabrics!
    Lv2sew2011/Donna, Received your embroidered moose, nicely done and great background. Also have one of your embroidered bears with the feathers, background is very different, love them both.
    amber2009/Amber, I have your lovely embroidered birds, very pretty.
    Moosegirl, Love the embroidered moose you sent and the tree background really makes it stand out.
    Iquilttooo, I received one of your nice pieced tree blocks, love your fabric choices.
    Philarena/Ann, I have your buffalo block, very nice and I like the pieced border.
    Bbemerald/Beverly, I received one of your pieced deer blocks, nicely done and great fabric choices.
    Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 AM

Mine came too! Now to stop moving them around and settle on one pattern with the blocks I made from fabric purchased in Alaska. Great work everyone!
    Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM

I received mine when I got into town today. I love them. Thank you all. Am excited to get this quilt done. Husband will enjoy snuggling under this quilt. Thank you Mariposa for the sympathy card. It is appreciated. The funeral went well. Held my tongue. My evil step-mother did not even say hello to me and neither did one of my half brothers. Divorce is an ugly thing when we just cannot get over ourselves. It has been 41 years and she still will not recognize me as one of my father's children. So sorry for her. I remet cousins and other relatives that have not seen me since I was 5 years old. I guess blondes are remembered easier than others. I was the only blonde out of five children. Aren't I lucky. Had a great time with my older brother and other brothers at my mom's house. Red Rooster Bar is still open in Shepherd, Montana. I even got to drive my little brother's Dodge Ram V10 Triton. What a blast parking a large truck in a single car garage when it has extended mirrors. Did it the first time perfect, maybe 1/2 inch off though. Thanks for the blocks girls. Oh yeah, finger is healing up good. May have to cut some of the skin off where not reattaching, but feels much better. Stitches will be another week.
    Old 12-02-2011, 03:42 PM

The mail man just arrived and he had my package full of wonderful blocks! These blocks are all so unique, yet they mix together so nicely. Thank you all for swapping with me, and a special hug and thanks to Rhonda for making it all happen.

Merry Christmas!
    hugs, Jupiter aka Marilyn
    Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM

My blocks arrived today and it was so much fun opening the envelope and looking at each block. I love each and every block and thank you all for your special efforts: three beautiful, little embroidered birds and a pieced tree from amber2009; a log cabin in a log-cabin block from Jupiter; a black bear from UK'n'USA; an embroidered owl from Bbemerald; a wolf with pine cone borders from Donna H-M; a tent with leaf borders from hearth hush; a bird flying in the sky from IQUILTTOOO; embroidered white wolf from moonrise; a nine-patch with birds in the center and butterflies and grass on the other eight squares from dotcomdtcm; an owl in a very interesting pieced border from Lv2sew2011; and one unmarked nine-patch with four black patches and five patches of wolves showing pack behavior. Thank you for all of my beautiful blocks; but most importantly, thank you, Rhonda, for taking on the task of overseeing and distributing this block exchange!
    Old 12-03-2011, 04:29 PM

My blocks arrived also today and they are fantastic, I cant wait to get them put together.
    I have never had an embroidered block before and I was very lucky to get some so that made me extra happy.
    Thank you one and all, what a great bunch we are lol, but especially thank you to Rhonda for all your hard work and time that you put into making this swap possible.

Thanks, I love my blocks xxx
    Old 12-04-2011, 08:28 AM

My blocks arrived and are beautiful. Thank you everyone for the work you did on this, and special thanks to Rhonda for organizing it all. Will post pictures when I get them put together.
    Old 12-05-2011, 03:37 PM

I got my blocks and I love them all! Everyone did such great work. Can't wait to put them together.