Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • **MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED** 5" I Spy Charm Swap ***MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED*** >
  • **MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED** 5" I Spy Charm Swap ***MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED***

• **MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED** 5" I Spy Charm Swap ***MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED***

Old 11-05-2010, 08:51 AM

Had a long talk with my DD and her school is adopting quite a few needy families for Christmas. I have agreed to make quilts, throw size and crib size, for at least 6, and more if I can, to go into the boxes. These will be for all ages, and I'm going to try to do some around pillow panels for speed. All your lovely blocks will come in very handy with this project.
    Here in Stow, Ohio, is the home office of Joann Fabrics and I just got back from hitting the store for fleece and cotton remnants. Boy did I score big. I got 12 fleece remnants for backings, many of which were also on sale so I saved a bundle. Plus I got 21 cotton remnants to use, about 7 of which were I Spy worthy, and about 4 which were batiks.
    I'm in business... well, the volunteer business lol.
    Anyone with duplicates and/or squares they don't plan to use, keep me in mind. Looks like I'm going to be needing a good many blocks. LOL.. I have lots of ideas tho.
    Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

If wildyard and any of y'all is doing my next swap and you have squares/fabric/charms to donate to her cause fell free to toss it in your swap envelope and mail it all to me and Ill mail it back to her with her swaps- might save y'all some postage.. food for thought..

Linda

Originally Posted by wildyard
    Had a long talk with my DD and her school is adopting quite a few needy families for Christmas. I have agreed to make quilts, throw size and crib size, for at least 6, and more if I can, to go into the boxes. These will be for all ages, and I'm going to try to do some around pillow panels for speed. All your lovely blocks will come in very handy with this project.
    Here in Stow, Ohio, is the home office of Joann Fabrics and I just got back from hitting the store for fleece and cotton remnants. Boy did I score big. I got 12 fleece remnants for backings, many of which were also on sale so I saved a bundle. Plus I got 21 cotton remnants to use, about 7 of which were I Spy worthy, and about 4 which were batiks.
    I'm in business... well, the volunteer business lol.
    Anyone with duplicates and/or squares they don't plan to use, keep me in mind. Looks like I'm going to be needing a good many blocks. LOL.. I have lots of ideas tho.
    Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Nanax4
    I got my fabric today! Woohoo! I spent the morning sorting them.

Kinda funny...I was sorting out the ones I especially liked to put in my newest quilt. Because I have no memory of many things, I didn't realize until I took them downstairs that the pulled squares included the ones I'd originally sent. Guess I must have really liked those ones!
    LOL..
    Old 11-05-2010, 10:04 AM

ok I have to make a couple of comments now that majority of you have your packages.. Please do not get offended as I just making comments on how the next swap can and could run smoother than this last one.. This last one wasn't all together bad, but it could and can be better the next time around..

~Some of you, ok lots of you sent in charms with the selvages still on.. I tried to pull them from the swap and keep them for myself as I will find use for them or I put them back in your baggies- i guess i missed a few sorry.. Please inspect your squares prior to sending them as It made it harder for me to keep track..

~Some squares were not rotary cut- however that is your option- please be extra careful as I rejected those smaller than 5 inches...bigger is ok, we can cut down to size needed be but cant make 4 7/8 to be a 5 inch sq..

~Some squares were off grain and quite wonky - those too were rejected

~Some miscounted your squares.. Those of you who submitted extras, thank you.. I swapped in those to make up for the shortages.

~Also some of you may have noticed on your return postage that I borrowed from Peter to giver to Paul.. Not everyone sent in a Priority Flat rate stamp but instead first class postage and not enough.. I had extra funding due to other swappers sending in $ for Mommy Hostess ( thank you sooooo much) and or extra postage stamps for 'just in case' (thank you thank you thank you) thanks everyone for thinking ahead and making this part sooth and easy..

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or comments.. Please remember This is suppose to be fun..
    Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 PM

New swap posted... another quick turnaround.. mail by 11/20 for quick return of 12/4

10 inch batiks- unwashed fabrics..

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-74469-1.htm
    Old 11-05-2010, 04:46 PM

anybody else get theirs today???
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:20 PM

I received my package today and was thrilled at the variety. You all made my first swap a success. Thank you luvTooQuilt for your hardwork.
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I'd like to thank you all for the hostess gifts.. LOVED them- and thanks for thinking of me :oops:

This was a very challenging swap as It was my very first ever as hostess and Well.. lets just say I learned a few 'better' ways of doing thing for the future swaps.. A few swappers followed the rules to the T and a few mis-understood, few lacked and others were perfect.. I had to reject a few charms and you will know if it was you or not from your packages.. but all in all it was fun, interesting, frustrating and Yes I will do it again.. lol Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.. lol

One thing Id like to comment on, adding extra charms for 'just in case' saved a few of you and it saved me as well. As I used the 'Just in case' extras and the hostess thank you charms to mail off a package to the swapper whose package got eaten alive by the USPS system.. We had enough charms to send her off something, versus nothing.. So you, yes you know who you are, will be receiving a package too..

Thanks Everyone..
    I rec'd a PM from the swapper that USPS swallowed- she wrote and I quote....

'Please let me express my DEEPEST gratitude for the packs of squares that you sent to me from the participants of the I SPY thread.

I did not expect them and am eternally grateful for this!! Please express to all my gratitude in their thoughtfulness. The genuine affection of my fellow quilting sisters and brothers is heartwarming.

Thank you again for this.

~J
    Old 11-05-2010, 06:08 PM

My dear J.. we are only too happy that it worked out that there was enough to share with you. It would take away part of our joy if you had to go without!!! Our hostess with the mostess is awesome in how hard she worked in everyones' behalf.
    3 cheers for luvTooQuilt!!!
    Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
    My dear J.. we are only too happy that it worked out that there was enough to share with you. It would take away part of our joy if you had to go without!!! Our hostess with the mostess is awesome in how hard she worked in everyones' behalf.
    3 cheers for luvTooQuilt!!!
    HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY :thumbup: