Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • *****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED** >
  • *****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED**

• *****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED**

Old 12-28-2010, 05:39 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Hi Ya'll I see we have some NEWBIES to this swap so here's some fine print..

Newbies are always welcomed and please do not hesitate to ask questions on the thread or PM me- whichever you prefer.. Im here to assist.. Id rather you ask question now then me return your squares unswapped due to specifics not being met.. ..

Please keep in mind - and sorry of this comes across too harshly- but any board members may join any of my swaps. However if you bail on your end I will banish you from any and all of my future swaps. If your end does not come in, It is I who has to purchase fabric or use from my own stash to make up the difference, so please only commit only if you plan on following thru with the swap..

Being the Hostess, all the swappers depend on me to make this to make this a successful swap, So I need everyone to send in what they have signed up for and follow the the rules and guidelines.. If you have any question please do not hesitate to ask ..

With the fine print being said...

Welcome Newbies!!! I hope you enjoy this swap, and hope to see you in my future swaps!!!!
    Old 12-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Hey Luv, nahhh not to harsh. Sounds like a gentle reminder we all need at times. Heck it helps me to be on my toes! ;-)

I'm going to start my cuttings Thursday, have the grand daughters & one grand-dog over tonight! I know I'm going to have a hard time chosing which I want to swap with, I keep thinking "I don't want to get rid of this one, or that one!" but then it hits me...I'm getting it back but only different ones! That makes it easier and more exciting!
    Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 PM

Why unwashed fabric? All of mine is prewashed, darn it!!!
    Old 12-28-2010, 08:34 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by annt59
    Why unwashed fabric? All of mine is prewashed, darn it!!!
    Some of us prefer not to prewash fabric. Just a matter of preference.. I guess Im too lazy to wash mine plus I like the puckered look after my finished quilt gets washed for the first time.. Feel free to 'buy' some as we would never know it wasn't from your stash.. :lol:
    Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 PM

I thought we were supposed to prewash fabrics used in swaps.
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
    I thought we were supposed to prewash fabrics used in swaps.
    Per Moderator it can be Hostess preference.. Most prewash.. I prefer not to.. So this swap is not recommended for those that are perfume & such sensitive.. I, myself am a smoke free, pet free home.. HOWEVER there may be swappers who are not..
    Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 AM

Do we have enough signed up yet to make it official?
    Old 12-29-2010, 08:17 AM

I'm assuming that our "set" is split out into 12 different fabrics coming home? If so, I think I could do this one! Will have to check my stash for the pieces I would send.
    Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    I'm assuming that our "set" is split out into 12 different fabrics coming home? If so, I think I could do this one! Will have to check my stash for the pieces I would send.
    Yes for every 12 squares you send in, that are cut into 10.5in out of ONE fabric and you will receive back 12 DIFFERENT fabrics..

12 -10.5 sq = 1 set / fabric A
    24 -10.5 sq = 2 sets / fabric B
    36 -10.5 sq = 3 sets / fabric C
    48 -10.5 sq = 4 sets / fabric D
    60 -10.5 sq = 5 sets / fabric E

Each set will use aprox ONE yard if cut correctly with no errors..
    Old 12-29-2010, 09:53 AM

THIS SWAP IS A "GO AHEAD"

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:!: :!: We have enough members and sets to continue.... :!: :!:

Please wait till midweek next week to begin mailing.. I'm not ready to receive them before wed (jan 5) I'm still in the process of taking down Christmas decorations.. I will send out a brief recap and my mailing addy this weekend in a PM to all the swappers..

Thanks everyone...