Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >
  • 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

• 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 08-18-2011, 05:56 PM

good. I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.
    Old 08-19-2011, 06:28 AM

Just a few pics of the fun I am having with my MIL's sewing machine. It has a lot of Embroidery stitches which I am putting on the crazy quilt blocks.

some of the block... Bounce sheet foundations
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]243847[/ATTACH]

Some embroidery on seams
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]243849[/ATTACH]

more embroidery
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]243850[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-243841.jpe   attachment-243843.jpe   attachment-243844.jpe  
    Old 08-19-2011, 06:43 AM

Looks like you're having fun. What a great way to use up scraps and try out all those decorative stitches.

I get to get back in my sewing room today (for something other than trying to clean it up). I got my machine back from her servicing yesterday so have several projects backed up I need to get to, including Boop's quilt. Can't believe we are at the end of this row robin. It's been so much fun working on all the different themes.
    Old 08-20-2011, 01:59 PM

I love the quilt! I am with everyone, I can't believe we are on our last row. It has gone by so fast.

Today I received in the mail the fabric I ordered for Judy's quilt. Maybe I can get some pics up later.
    Old 08-22-2011, 04:24 AM

Hi everyone. I mixplaced my mardi gras material so I ordered more. I cannot find it anywhere. I tore my sewing room completely apart and deep cleaned and rearranged and still could not find it. My hubby about had a heart attack when he came home and was the sewing room dismanteled in our extended living room. Tore out the bed and everything but it fely good to put it back piece by piece. Have lots of ideas for the Mardi Gras. But to exicute them will be the challenge. L really love the dresdan plate squares. I want to try them but it looks scary to me to get it to look so nice. Have a great week!!!! :lol:
    Old 08-22-2011, 06:46 AM

Boop, sorry to hear you lost your fabric. If you're like me, as soon as the replacement fabric gets there, you'll find the other. That's the way life is.

I hope everyone has a good week. It is hard to believe that when we finish this row, the quilts will be going home. Wow, the time has gone by fast.

Originally Posted by Boop56
    Hi everyone. I mixplaced my mardi gras material so I ordered more. I cannot find it anywhere. I tore my sewing room completely apart and deep cleaned and rearranged and still could not find it. My hubby about had a heart attack when he came home and was the sewing room dismanteled in our extended living room. Tore out the bed and everything but it fely good to put it back piece by piece. Have lots of ideas for the Mardi Gras. But to exicute them will be the challenge. L really love the dresdan plate squares. I want to try them but it looks scary to me to get it to look so nice. Have a great week!!!! :lol:
    Old 08-23-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    Boop, sorry to hear you lost your fabric. If you're like me, as soon as the replacement fabric gets there, you'll find the other. That's the way life is.

I hope everyone has a good week. It is hard to believe that when we finish this row, the quilts will be going home. Wow, the time has gone by fast.

I know. i keep waiting for it to pop up any second. But I know it will be when I have the other in my hand and then I will move the right thing and there it will be. My granddaughter has already been caught rearranging the sewing room. LOL

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    Old 08-23-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
    Just a few pics of the fun I am having with my MIL's sewing machine. It has a lot of Embroidery stitches which I am putting on the crazy quilt blocks.
    Could these be used to learn paper piecing on? I want to learn it so bad but of course am afraid I don't understand it so again I am scared of it. :oops:
    Old 08-25-2011, 08:51 AM

Boop, I'm not sure you could use the dryer sheets for paper piecing because you need to have the pattern printed on the paper you're using and I don't think you could run the dryer sheets through your printer. Someone else may know differently. Try the paperpiecing by just printing a pattern on regular cheapo typing paper. Set your stitch length smaller (I use 1.8 instead of my normal 2.5). Try it and have fun with it. You can make some very intricate designs by paper piecing them.

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
    Could these be used to learn paper piecing on? I want to learn it so bad but of course am afraid I don't understand it so again I am scared of it. :oops:
    Old 08-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Well, Boop, your quilt top is complete. I think it turned out really pretty. I hope you like it.

It will be on its way home this afternoon. As far as I know you will be the first to get your quilt back. I know I can't wait to get mine.

Boop's Finished Top
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]246615[/ATTACH]

The Two Blocks Making Up My Row
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]246616[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-246609.jpe   attachment-246610.jpe