Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >
  • 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

• 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 08-27-2011, 03:04 AM

Boops quilt is GORGEOUS!!! I sure can't wait to get my jewels back.

Nice blocks Judy... They POP.
    Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM

WOW, it is wonderful!

Here is some of the fabric choices I got for your quilt Judy. I plan on cutting tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-247849.jpe  
    Old 08-28-2011, 07:02 AM

Those fabrics are gorgeous, Amanda. Now I really can't wait to see what you do with them.
    Old 08-29-2011, 06:30 AM

I received Theresa's Jewels quilt safe and sound last week, and it is beautiful! Everyone has done such an awesome job. I am just waiting for some fabrics to come in and then I am going to get started.
    Old 09-01-2011, 05:40 AM

I have been trrying to post that I was truly surprised when I received my mail and my quilt was in it. It was such an emotional day for me so that helped me sooo much. Hannah started PreK 3. I have had her 5 days a week and 12 hours a day until now. Sad tears. Then my daughter Hollie called and told me the memorial statue that she got for my daughter Heather was placed so we went and saw that. Then that was so emotional. Sad Tears. And then i opened my mail. HAPPY TEARS. I am so in love with my quilt. And it could not have come at a better time. Thank you quilt 'family'. I love ya all so much!!!! I have tried for two days to uplaod pics but my computer is acting up. I am at my daughters now so at least I can tell ya all how happy I was. Have a great weekend.
    Old 09-01-2011, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by amandab
    Lara I love what you have done! I love the dresden plate pattern.

The jewel quilt is looking awesome!! I am loving all of the fabric everyone is using.

I have so many ideas for the southwestern quilt my biggest problem will be just selecting 5 blocks. :)

Sorry I have been MIA on here lately. Just finished my row tonight, it will be in the mail tomorrow. I have been in school and looking for a job. I bet I drop off applications or apply online to 5 different places every day! Things have been really tight around here and I haven't been able to spend time sewing like I would like to.

Here is a pic of boops quilt I just finished. I added the zig zag row. I am loving the zig zag quilts I am seeing and have added this to my long list of patterns I want to do.
    What is the block pattern and size for the zigzag row? I am thinking of using that with the mardi gras theme. I have beaded material and if I do it right it shold look like the beads running across the quilt. Thank-you!!!
    Old 09-01-2011, 07:00 AM

Boop,I'm not sure what pattern Amanda used, but here's a link to a zigzag block pattern. http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com...zag-block.html

It is basically just a 9 patch block. For the 12" blocks we've been using in our quilts, you would need to make 4-1/2" half square triangle blocks, which would finish at 4".
    Old 09-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Boop - I'm so happy you like your quilt!

Judy - great job in getting it to her so quickly, and great row! All your work in this row robin has been beautiful.

I got my fabric for the Jewel quilt today and Fabric.com sent me a wrong fabric! So disappointing. They are sending the right fabric out right away, but still. Beh. I was hoping to get everything washed this afternoon so that I could get started tonight! My row is going to be paper pieced and I have everything else ready to go...
    Old 09-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Boop, I am so glad you're happy with your quilt and that it brought you some happiness in an otherwise not so great day. I think it's a beautiful quilt. I have really loved every quilt I have worked on and can hardly wait to get mine back. By the way, Amanda, I will be leaving Washington on September 27 to head back to Arizona, so you might need to send my quilt to AZ, depending on when you mail it. Make sure you contact me before mailing.

Thank you, Lara, for your compliments on my work. It's always nice to get good feedback on what you do. And I can certainly return the compliment. I think everyone in our group has done a great job and hopefully we have all learned a lot while working on these quilts. I know I've had a great time.
    Old 09-02-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
    I have been trrying to post that I was truly surprised when I received my mail and my quilt was in it. It was such an emotional day for me so that helped me sooo much. Hannah started PreK 3. I have had her 5 days a week and 12 hours a day until now. Sad tears. Then my daughter Hollie called and told me the memorial statue that she got for my daughter Heather was placed so we went and saw that. Then that was so emotional. Sad Tears. And then i opened my mail. HAPPY TEARS. I am so in love with my quilt. And it could not have come at a better time. Thank you quilt 'family'. I love ya all so much!!!! I have tried for two days to uplaod pics but my computer is acting up. I am at my daughters now so at least I can tell ya all how happy I was. Have a great weekend.
    Hannah
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]250508[/ATTACH]

Heatjher's Stone
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]250509[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-250502.jpe   attachment-250503.jpe