Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) >
  • 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

• 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Old 03-06-2013, 08:58 AM

QuilterMomma's quilt is almost finished....just needs to be quilted....can't wait to see it finished.
    Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM

Tam...Moo - looked at your blocks and they are very pretty.
    Old 03-06-2013, 09:05 PM

I was very excited to complete a big chunk of my quilt today and lay it all out. four more blocks and I am ready to sew it all together. Ok only three but I decided to toss one and start it over. I will be happier and so will Twinriversfarm. I think the frog pond is going to turn out just fine. I love the colors.. so get ready girl you will soon have to take mine off your wall and do a trade out with me.
    Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 AM

Looking forward to it Linny.
    Old 03-10-2013, 12:35 PM

My quilt top has one more seam and the top will be done! Yippie, I love it so much that I now want one for myself! But I guess I am in luck because now I know who can make it! haha... Mom is doing very very good. She is back in her Apartment in the assisted living facility. Now she is looking forward to her 80th birthday party.

So that means my next quilt will be one that is a family tree, I am thinking og how I want to design it. I think if I start with a tree trunk with branches and make all the family members leaves it might be kinda cute... got let that one work it's self outta my head!
    Old 03-10-2013, 03:08 PM

Well I sure hope you like it, I'm having the quilter pick design as she's so good at it. I'm with you can't wait to see my quilt, I know it will be amazing for sure. I appreciate all your time & effort your putting into it.

Originally Posted by shortmom5
    Wow you are amazing. I can't wait to see my quilt and I am so excited for you to see yours. With my new job I have fallen a little behind, but this weekend I hope to finish all of the blocks. I'm still not sold on the border fabric, but will have to wait until I finish blocks to make final decision. I am really enjoying making this for you, it's been fun using fabric and patterns that I normally wouldn't choose. Have a Great weekend!
    Old 03-10-2013, 04:20 PM

sounds like everyone is nearly done with their quilt tops. I have another 18 blocks to reverse sew and correct before i can put top together. however, it is not moving fast as i have been busy on other projects which also have been slowing losing my interest. I find myself wallowing in the "blahs"--no energy, no ambition, totally no get up and go. Can Spring hurry up and bring an end to these dreary overcast days so I can get back to my normal self?
    Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM

Roseirish, I'm in the same boat. My goal...have top done by the end of the month. we are the slow and steady in the group.
    Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 AM

oh can I jump on that slow boat? I am thinking today I will be all but done with my blocks. I found I was short one pair of five" blocks. GREAT. Lucky for me Jaba is sending me something that is almost identical to fill in. Phew. I will have that top sewn together this week. Talk about exciting! Like Marybeth this is one I wouldnt mind owning myself. My DH is in love with it. I have never really worked with a lot of batik type fabrics before. I am loving the play on color and the variety of colors within one fabric. oh so fun.
    Old 03-11-2013, 06:44 PM

Miscalculated amount of one fabric, now realize I have a snafu in the current design. Nothing carved in stone yet, working on a detour around that pesky little problem.