Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >
  • 2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

• 2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:55 AM
    Power Poster

Havplenty, so sorry for your great loss. Knowing she is at peace and out of pain is something to be grateful for, indeed. Big hugs and prayers for comfort going out to you and your family.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Sharing the celebrations of your birthdays with you makes me feel like you are my extended family! I am thankful for all of you.
    Old 11-28-2014, 06:17 AM

Nurse Bonnie and Let's Quilt, your candy packages are in today's mail. I hope you enjoy them. Happy Birthday, ladies!
    Old 11-28-2014, 09:23 AM
    Power Poster

Happy Birthday, HAPPYLAB! Hope you got all your packages and enjoy your candy and your special day!
    Old 11-28-2014, 04:14 PM

Havplenty, sorry to hear of your loss. It is always tough to loose a family member over the holidays.
    Old 11-29-2014, 04:54 PM

Havplenty, so sorry to hear she lost her battle, but I know from experience it's bitter sweet. My sister n law lost her battle to breast cancer 9 years ago and no matter how much we want them to stay we also want them to be without pain and suffering. After I lost my mom in 96, I've come to realize that life as I get older is more about what we did than what we have. I also know I'm not getting any younger and one day I too will pass. As my Aunt told me, whom lost two of her son's very young, you never forget, but you learn to accept.
    I hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I myself had a restful thanksgiving. After 4 days with the grandson's and hardly no sleep, I slept most of the day. Will be sending out my Dec BD's this week, so sorry if I'm late a few days. It's gonna be a busy month, which I know will zip by like lightning.
    Old 11-29-2014, 07:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, prayers and cyber hugs. We are coping and it helps that we are spiritually grounded. I have been caregiver to my brother and his family for the last 2+ yrs since my SIL's illness. She was ready as she had faced a tough battle these last almost 3 yrs. But with 3 children (7 yr twins, 13 yr son), life must return to "normal" pretty quickly.

We had just celebrated my brother's 50th birthday and my SIL stayed strong for this event as it was very important to her that he have a brief moment of celebration. She will be greatly missed. She was the love of my brother's life and they had been together 20 yrs, married 19 of those years.

Last edited by Havplenty; 11-29-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Old 11-29-2014, 07:36 PM

My three December birthday candies were mailed today. To the early recipients, you always have the choice to wait to open yours.

Nurse Bonnie I hope you do something fun for your birthday. Happy Birthday (early wishes).
    Old 11-29-2014, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter
    Havplenty, sorry to hear of your loss. It is always tough to loose a family member over the holidays.
    Both my mother and my father passed away on holidays. Even though that is the case, I never associate those upcoming holidays with their passing. My family loves to celebrate Thanksgiving and it is my hope that my brother and his children will not dread future Thanksgiving holidays but instead celebrate my SIL legacy.
    Old 11-30-2014, 04:44 AM

Dear Havplenty, prayers for you and your family during this mourning time. I'm a member of my church choir that sings for all the funerals so we interact with many families after the Mass as they come together for a light meal. I see such healing during that time even though the sorrow is there and the mourning will continue for however long those remaining need. Peace to you and your dear family.
    Old 11-30-2014, 01:29 PM

I sent out the (3) three December birthday candies today, Sun. 11/30.

bjsmith57