Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >
  • 2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

• 2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 03-01-2015, 06:19 AM

Happy March, everyone! Enjoy your month, bjsmith! I'm one of those September babies.
    Old 03-01-2015, 08:02 AM

I didn't know if you opened all month bj or if you waited and opened all on your b-day. Had to make sure you had a surprise in the mail Time flies you know...I went to bed last night thinking "tomorrow is our anniversary" woke up this morning and it was over Skipped the 29th this year, but next year I'll have one and it will be the 20 year one.
    Old 03-01-2015, 08:30 AM
    maT

i am looking forward to another great year of b-day candies everyone !!
    Old 03-01-2015, 05:34 PM

Hello everyone and Welcome to March our first month of the swap....

We have a long month ahead waiting for all the candy to arrive to our first birthday girl.

I have a few questions for everyone to answer so we can get to know each other.

Post your answers here on the board (pay attention I been known to use some of these in contest questions)

1) Tell us a little about your family.
    I have been a married to the same guy (Gary) for almost 35 years. Have a daughter(Kelly) and son (Matthew) both married with wonderful spouses(Jeremy and Deidra) and I have 4 grandchildren (Tyler, Henry, Ellie and Cooper) that you probably will hear stories of as the year goes on. Also have a daughter (Emily) who is in heaven she was only 1 when she passed away.
    2) What is your favorite color? Peacock....that bright blueish greenish tealish color
    3) What is your favorite quilt you have made? My favorite so far is one that I just finished in December and still waiting to get it quilted. It is called slice and dice and it does not have a 2.5" square on it. (OHHH) I love it because it was really hard and wait out of my comfort zone. I will post a picture as soon as my computer lets me. (I have tried and it is not working )
    4) favorite TV show? Well it is a toss up to between "Scandal" and "How to get away with Murder" best season finale ever!
    5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? I have a sweet dog Sophie she is a schnauzer-yorkie mix called a schnorkie. And a ton of feathered friends...we feed the birds with 6 feeders in the winter and have a menagerie of happy birds visit us.

Okay who is next......................
    Old 03-01-2015, 06:27 PM
    Power Poster

I'll get mine over with...

Married to hubby Charles for nearly 30 years. Have a married daughter and two sons, one engaged and the other deployed to the middle east right now. Looking forward to having the family all together in May for the wedding! Still waiting for grandchildren.
    2) What is your favorite color? I love color, but my favorites are greens... so soothing and beautiful!
    3) What is your favorite quilt you have made? A Bento Box pattern that I made for my son's close friend when he married. It's gone but I can drool over the pictures.
    4) favorite TV show? Parks and Recreation... which is just about done.
    5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? I have one long-haired tortie cat and my faithful companion dog, Marty. Marty is half rough collie and half black lab.
    Old 03-01-2015, 09:53 PM

1) We have been married 37 years. daughter & son-in-law in Austin with grandaughter & granson, single daughter at home, and one son living in heaven.
    2) Forest green to aqua green/blue captures my imagination but I really do love all colors!!!
    3)Farmer's Wife quilt is my fav, 6.5" blocks in earthy colors.
    4)Downton Abbey when I have time
    5) Have ahimalayan cat (Mr. Mistoffolees) & a beagle (Amadeus)
    6)
    Allergic to Granulated Tide please protect me from it.
    Looking forward to mailing all of these packages! happy birthday month to bjsmith
    !
    hugs,
    djmat
    Old 03-01-2015, 10:42 PM

1) My Family
    It will be married for 18 years to husband #2 this year in June (Wade). I have 1 son from my first marriage (Russ) who is married to #2 (Janice) and one grandchild from his 1st marriage (Justin). We all live in MN.
    2) Favorite color - I am partial to the Browns and darker colors.
    3) Favorite Quilt
    is the first quilt I ever made. As a newbe quilter I decided to tackle the Delectable Mountains pattern. My next is the Row By Row I did last year.
    4) Favorite TV show
    Not a big into series person. I spend most of my TV watching on the movie channels.
    5) My furry friends
    My husband and I are the slaves to 3 dogs and 1 cat. Chester is our oldest at 13 and is a Shelte Terrier mix. The next is Rehanna at 8 years and is a Carri. terrier. Last but not least is their daughter Twitch who will be 5 this year. The feline in the house is a Ragdoll kitty by the name of Crystal and will be 2 this year.
    Old 03-02-2015, 04:21 AM

I have been a married to the same guy (Dwight, Sr.) for 38 years. We have a daughter(Danielle) and son (Dwight, Jr.) both married with wonderful spouses (Mike and Chrystal) and we have 2 grandchildren (Malea and Desmond).
    2) What is your favorite color? Red...red...and more red
    3) What is your favorite quilt you have made? Trip around the World
    4) favorite TV show? Revenge
    5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? No pets
    Old 03-02-2015, 04:48 AM

1) Tell us a little about your family. I will have been married to my wonderful hubby (Robert) for 27 years in June. We've been together since I was 13, and married 3 weeks after I graduated from college. We don't have children.
    2) What is your favorite color? I like all colors, but orange and brown are probably my least favorites.
    3) What is your favorite quilt you have made? The OBW in my avatar ... but it's still a UFO at this point.
    4) favorite TV show? Star Trek
    5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? Five cats, including a teeny 2-day old kitten that was abandoned beside my front porch. I heard him crying his little heart out, and after waiting for the mom (??) to show back up (she never did), I pulled him out from behind the bushes, and bottle-fed the little guy. He still had his umbilical cord, and was just 2.95 ounces. He's a big boy now! His name is Monster. It was a nickname I gave him when he was teeny tiny. It was supposed to be funny, like calling a little chihuahua a big, tough-sounding name like Brutus or Spike. Well, the nickname stuck. My other kitties are Baby Girl, Buddy, Tikki, and Wee-est. All are rescues. Here are a couple of pics of Monster and DH.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512153[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails monsternowandthen.jpg  
    Old 03-02-2015, 08:12 AM

Family: Just celebrated 19 years with husband Bill, combined families of my 2 sons and his 2 sons and 1 daughter. We have a total of 9 grandchildren plus a set of twins expected the end of April and 2 great granddaughter's.
    Color: always has been purples and turquoise
    Quilt: seems to be the latest one I do, love the challenge of something different
    TV: The Good Wife and NCIS
    Pet: not for me, husband has an outside dog only and chickens, I like the eggs! No kitties, very allergic to them