Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

• 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 05-14-2016, 08:27 PM
    Power Poster

Here's the patriotic quilt top I built today. I intended it for a man. I did have a few fabrics with flowers on them... Do you think it looks manly enough?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550025[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails dsc02454-small-.jpg   dsc02454.jpg  
    Old 05-14-2016, 08:34 PM

Mission accomplished!
    Old 05-15-2016, 04:53 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JENNR8R
    Mission accomplished!
    Ha! I forgot to say that this is Bonnie Hunter's Fourth of July pattern....
    Old 05-15-2016, 05:59 AM

Looks very nice sewbizgirl and manly How was your "hospital" visit, I'm trying to talk myself into it.....would make my doctor happy
    Old 05-15-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Ha! I forgot to say that this is Bonnie Hunter's Fourth of July pattern....
    I really like it! You do great work
    Old 05-15-2016, 08:54 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks, Sheri!

Hospital visit was awful because I was the last procedure of the day, yet they told me to be there at 9am and my appt. was for 10. Found out they tell everyone to be there at 9. I had to lie in a hospital gown in a bed ALL DAY, freezing and starving, until my procedure at 4. They had to use air in the procedure, so I woke up from anesthesia in extreme pain, so bad that it scared the dr. and nurses and they thought they had perforated my colon. They sent me to Xray to see if I was torn, but by then I started passing the air out and the pain went away. Xray showed I was fine. I didn't remember any of that (except waking up in pain) until my son told me the next day!

Normally it's not that bad. The worst is the prep day... the procedure seems like nothing because they put you to sleep and the next second (it seems like) they are waking you up and it's over. If you haven't had one, Jaba, you need to. Colon cancer can be stopped early by colonoscopy and if left unchecked it's a horrible way to die.
    Old 05-15-2016, 04:33 PM

Sewbizgirl, Glad to hear the colonoscopy went well although that bit about the wait and the too much air was unpleasant. I've had a couple myself and they were VERY easy. My physician doesn't have everyone arrive early like that so the wait is minimal. For those of you who have put it off for whatever reason, it really is a good idea. Most people just need one every ten years but I'm on the five year plan due to a couple of polyps found in the first one. Left undiscovered, they could have become malignant given enough time. I'm happy to say the last was clear of trouble. So please do schedule one if you are due. Ok, off my soapbox now.
    Thanks, Sheri!

Hospital visit was awful because I was the last procedure of the day, yet they told me to be there at 9am and my appt. was for 10. Found out they tell everyone to be there at 9. I had to lie in a hospital gown in a bed ALL DAY, freezing and starving, until my procedure at 4. They had to use air in the procedure, so I woke up from anesthesia in extreme pain, so bad that it scared the dr. and nurses and they thought they had perforated my colon. They sent me to Xray to see if I was torn, but by then I started passing the air out and the pain went away. Xray showed I was fine. I didn't remember any of that (except waking up in pain) until my son told me the next day!

Normally it's not that bad. The worst is the prep day... the procedure seems like nothing because they put you to sleep and the next second (it seems like) they are waking you up and it's over. If you haven't had one, Jaba, you need to. Colon cancer can be stopped early by colonoscopy and if left unchecked it's a horrible way to die.
    Old 05-15-2016, 05:25 PM

I mailed the rest of May's candies today. I hope the one due in the 20th gets there in time, the days just started flying by!
    Old 05-15-2016, 07:32 PM

I hear you Janice and sewbizgirl, really I do! Going in Tuesday for a bunch of blood tests, the wellness stuff, and bone density tests. I know I need to have it done, I just literally have nightmares over it. Guess I need to put on my big girl panties and just do it. You'd think over all the surgeries I've had this wouldn't bother me, but it seems to be my biggest fear for some reason.
    Old 05-15-2016, 07:36 PM

Wow girl you sure are fast! Love this pattern. It does look like a nice "manly" quilt I am sure anyone would be happy to receive this.

Here's the patriotic quilt top I built today. I intended it for a man. I did have a few fabrics with flowers on them... Do you think it looks manly enough?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550025[/ATTACH]