Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

• 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 06-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Barbara- as far as the name "Crispy_Frog" goes.....it is what I called the big green frog on the Sugar Smacks cereal box. When these posts first started someone found the picture and posted it!

Last edited by Crispy_Frog; 06-12-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    Old 06-17-2016, 05:46 PM

Sewbizgirl...that is such a cute quilt! Love the 30's fabric.

OTE=sewbizgirl;7574614]Thank you... no, not candy. I have to start with 5.5" squares and cut diagonally. Which makes them just a tad too big to use a charm pack! So I'm going to have to fill in my stash with some fat quarters. The embroidered blocks with be set on point, with corners of 30's fabrics. So the end result is a bunch of square-in-a-square blocks. It's cute. Here is a link to the pattern, so you can see what it will look like:

http://www.black-cat-creations.com/i...ils.php?id=113

It's really beautiful in person.[/QUOTE]
    Old 06-17-2016, 05:49 PM

Crispy Frog.... I so look forward to my birthday with this swap! I put all of my birthday cards up on the closet door so I can feel the love for a week (then halloween comes). My family is amazed at all the cards too.

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog
    Thank you, everyone, for a fantastic birthday! There's nothing like it! It was my 15 minutes of fame. Public and private greetings and mail from all over the United States! All I can say is WOW!

**Crispy_Frog**
    Old 06-17-2016, 06:45 PM

Hi everyone...hope everyone is enjoying the first days of summer. It is really warm in Michigan right now and loving it! Suppose to be 91 tomorrow HOT HOT HOT! I don't know how you southern ladies handle the heat... but not really complaining here...all I have to do is remember the snow and icy and COLD. Summer is lovely!

Row by Row starts next week! Anyone going to be collecting the patterns or kits??? I have collected them from the past 2 years. I have to confess haven't made one yet not sure why. I am really going to try and make a few this year.
    Old 06-17-2016, 08:07 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23
    Crispy Frog.... I so look forward to my birthday with this swap! I put all of my birthday cards up on the closet door so I can feel the love for a week (then halloween comes). My family is amazed at all the cards too.
    I hung mine all around a the big dining room door frame and enjoyed them for at least a week!

So now we have a big wait til our July birthdays start. Good time to cut more candy and get more packages ready, if you need to. Lets keep the chatting up while we wait!

Barb, I have a few Row-by-Row patterns that I haven't made, too. One of my favorites was from our Vickburg shop last year. It's got a Mississippi paddlewheeler on the river! I should find it and make it.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 06-17-2016 at 08:10 PM.
    Old 06-18-2016, 06:22 AM

Hi to you all! I've been working long hours for 3 weeks, quite tired.....but on weekends I made 4 6x6square 2" PSQs sets to incorporate on the edge of my Salute to the States PSQ to enlarge it and make it drape better, only 11 more to go then I'll attach the new rows. Still need to decide how to quilt the quilt, been looking how others do it so I have options. In my spare time I've been sorting previously collected charms into colors and sizes or cutting scraps for upcoming 1.5" PSQ. The quilting activity certainly helps me relax.
    In case I forgot....HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL OF YOU JUNE BIRTHDAYS!!!!!
    Until next weekend, hugs to all of you!
    dj
    Old 06-18-2016, 10:04 AM

Maybe I should know from prior posts, but what is a PSQ in DJ's post?

Crispy
    Old 06-18-2016, 02:31 PM
    Power Poster

Knowing DJ, PSQ is postage stamp quilt!
    Old 06-18-2016, 04:52 PM

I just realized that I have only been lurking and not posting. But FYI, I HAVE been quilting. I am almost finished.... OK 3/4 finished quilting a number that is all 2.5 squares from the swaps from the last two years. Of course, I will post a photo when I get it finished but it may be another week or two. Amazing that I have used so many little cuts and still have a shoe box full left! In agreement with our Barbara, it is hot in my little piece of Michigan too. I did catch myself today telling someone to day that come February we, will love just a little of this heat. But alas it will only be a dream and a memory. Happy summer everyone and sew on, and on, and on.
    Old 06-18-2016, 06:47 PM

WMUTeach, and others who commented on the lovely warm weather we are having. I'm loving the summer. This is my time of year. I love the sun and the warmth. I'm hoping next winter will be as mild as this last winter. I can deal with weather like this last winter. We can only hope.