Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

• 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 02-16-2016, 11:45 AM

Moonrise, please sign up, it just wouldn't be the same without YOU!
    hugs,
    dj
    Old 02-16-2016, 11:49 AM

Thank-you for the welcoming messages, I'm very excited to meet new friends here and learn from the group.

I cannot imagine having too many candies so even though I don't know Moonrise, I hope she reconsiders and joins to add even more colors and variations to her collection!
    Old 02-16-2016, 11:56 AM
    Power Poster

Well... they can start to take over the sewing room! I have so many I almost didn't join this year, but then decided it would be better to resolve to USE some candy in quilts than miss out on this fun. I have already made the one Arkansas Crossroads and after our first quiltalong will see about trying another pattern too. They are so beautiful when they are all together in a finished quilt. Something about all that variety... Like samples from an entire quilt store (or two!) all in one quilt.

I'm sure I have enough stored candy to participate in each and every one of the quiltalongs this year! That's a good thing!
    Old 02-16-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Well... they can start to take over the sewing room! I have so many I almost didn't join this year, but then decided it would be better to resolve to USE some candy in quilts than miss out on this fun. I have already made the one Arkansas Crossroads and after our first quiltalong will see about trying another pattern too. They are so beautiful when they are all together in a finished quilt. Something about all that variety... Like samples from an entire quilt store (or two!) all in one quilt.

I'm sure I have enough stored candy to participate in each and every one of the quiltalongs this year! That's a good thing!
    Yes, I commented on your Arkansas Crossroads quilt in the scrappy thread. It is one of my favorite quilt patterns, I especially like the dimension that your background black on white adds to the block! Glad you threw caution to the wind and are participating another year!
    Old 02-16-2016, 09:25 PM

LOL! Y'all didn't just twist my arm ... you twisted BOTH of my arms!

Okay, I've got my candies cut (wanted to make sure I had enough), and will send my PM to join shortly.

This is going to be the craziest mix of candies EVER. You name it, it's probably in there.
    Old 02-17-2016, 05:54 AM
    Power Poster

I would love some I Spy candies!

Welcome back, Moonrise! Glad you stuck with us....
    Old 02-17-2016, 07:05 AM

Hey everyone... I found out about this swap when zozee posted to a tutorial that I made yesterday: http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...k-t275789.html

This swap would be an excellent/fun way to get variety in my never ending supply of 2.5" scraps. I've never been able to make a scrap quilt without repeating fabric.

Would anyone take a chance on recommending me? At any rate, I hope you enjoy the tutorial.
    Old 02-17-2016, 07:16 AM

If you don't join the swap. I'd be happy to send you some candy. Dotty
    Old 02-17-2016, 12:45 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JENNR8R
    Hey everyone... I found out about this swap when zozee posted to a tutorial that I made yesterday: http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...k-t275789.html

This swap would be an excellent/fun way to get variety in my never ending supply of 2.5" scraps. I've never been able to make a scrap quilt without repeating fabric.

Would anyone take a chance on recommending me? At any rate, I hope you enjoy the tutorial.
    Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us, JENNR8R... Your name looks familiar from the board. Have you done any swaps here? A swap partner or leader can recommend you for this swap. Hope you get to join us!
    Old 02-17-2016, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us, JENNR8R... Your name looks familiar from the board. Have you done any swaps here? A swap partner or leader can recommend you for this swap. Hope you get to join us!
    No, I've never done a swap before.

The rules say "NEWBIES (new to this swap) YOU MUST get a recommendation from a past hostess or from ANYONE that was in a previous birthday swap. Absolutely NO FLAKERS here!!!"

Since I don't know any of those members who could vouch for me, I'll have to wait. If I don't make this swap, dotcomdctm has kindly offered to swap some candies with me.