Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

• 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 12-19-2016, 05:53 PM

Thanks on the well wishes everyone. I feel much better, I have had pneumonia 7 times in the past. Not fun at all! This time it was just walking pneumonia. I slept most of the weekend and have been taking antibiotics. I have to remind myself Not to do too much right now or it goes to pneumonia. Slow and steady!

January we do Not have any birthday babies! So this is a good time to get caught up on all the really long to do lists. Also during January we will have the sign up for the next years swap. I hope everyone will join in again. We do have some people that would like to join us. This years swap had 28 participants.....(and no flakes!!!)
    do you think we can add more to the mix??? I think I have 8 new people that have sent me PM that they are interested.

We don't have to decide anything right now.....we can talk about it in January....

Stay warm and healthy,
    Barb

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-03-2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
    Old 12-20-2016, 11:02 AM

The more the merrier! Happy holidays.
    Old 12-20-2016, 02:12 PM

I agree with Patrick's Mom. The more the merrier. Didn't you use to cap it at 35? It also need to be kept manageable for you
    Old 12-20-2016, 10:01 PM

This years group was the absolute best!
    Oh, I got PM saying last one for me was mailed Saturday, so you can mark me as done, Barb! Yeah!
    Thanks to all you wonderful swappers!
    big hugs,
    dj
    Old 12-21-2016, 06:14 AM

I got a PM too, but when I responded, I got an error message saying her box was full!

Oh, and I've had fun with this swap and I have a overstuffed basket of envelopes awaiting opening on the 27th! This is my first year in this swap, and I'm already looking forward to next year! I also say the more the merrier! I've already got 3/4's of my candies cut for the next swap too!! (gotta love that new AccuQuilt die!)

Last edited by MizMelly; 12-21-2016 at 06:16 AM.
    Old 12-21-2016, 02:58 PM

Today, one more envelope from OldCatLady!
    Old 12-21-2016, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by MizMelly
    Gosh, I feel SOOO organized! I have all my candies cut and sorted and packaged in envelopes, and I bought an assortment of 30 cards on Amazon for around $12, so a better deal than going to Dollar Tree. I also had a pretty selection of 6" X 9" envelopes that I'm utilizing, and purchased postage already. Whew! Just waiting for addresses for the first birthday ladies in March!
    Where do buy the 6x9 envelopes? I am planning to join the next swap in February signup and want to get prepared.
    Old 12-22-2016, 05:38 AM

Hi aborning, I got my supply of 6 X 9 envelopes at the local paper supply place in my city. However, I have found them both online (if you like colored, they are listed as the "booklet envelopes), and I have found them in the store (Staples, Office Depot) where the specialty papers and scrapbooking materials are. Online in office depot, the envelopes are listed for $5.99 for a package of 25, but shipping charges apply since they aren't available for store delivery. I'm going to do a bit of Xmas shopping by Saturday so will check out my local Office Depot store since I do not want to pay shipping!
    I also purchase my birthday cards from Amazon, in boxes of 30 cards that are blank inside. Then I have my candies all packaged and the envelopes stuffed with the candies and a card, just waiting to get the PM with names and addresses for the month, then customize each card and mail them. I also buy the year's supply of the 2 oz stamps from the post office so I do not have to make multiple trips to the PO over the course of the year.
    I hope this info helps!

Originally Posted by aborning
    Where do buy the 6x9 envelopes? I am planning to join the next swap in February signup and want to get prepared.

Last edited by MizMelly; 12-22-2016 at 05:40 AM.
    Old 12-22-2016, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by aborning
    I bought mine at Amazon. $8.99 for 50 envelopes. You could avoid shipping costs if your Amazon order is large enough: All orders of $49 or more of eligible items across any product category qualify for FREE Shipping. With free shipping, your order will be delivered 5-8 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Old 12-22-2016, 01:20 PM

Thanks for all the information on envelopes and birthday cards. I love this swap and will be with you all next year. Thanks Barb for hosting!