Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

• 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 03-09-2016, 09:46 AM

Fraew, those are great blocks. I was hoping to have mine done' however, I came down with a flu that is going around our area and was down for 5 days. Nasty stuff, and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Am finally feeling better but will need to get caught up on a few other things before I sew. Good part of being sick is that I did get all my candies sorted.

Welcome Wholehearted Mom, hope you enjoy visiting. Also, this will give us all a chance to get to know you and when next year rolls around for signup you shouldn't have any problem getting the necessary vouch.
    Old 03-09-2016, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter

Welcome Wholehearted Mom, hope you enjoy visiting. Also, this will give us all a chance to get to know you and when next year rolls around for signup you shouldn't have any problem getting the necessary vouch.
    So sorry about your flu bug.... my husband came down with it and it was the sickest I have ever seen him in 23 years. I sure hope you get a lot of rest and recover quickly.

I am already prepping for next year.... cutting some candies and having a good time on my own! Looking forward to joining in with you guys next round
    Old 03-09-2016, 02:29 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
    How nice that you homeschooled! Two of my daughters have graduated, both exclusively homeschooled, and I still have two in high school that I am schooling for another two years. I'm not sure what I will do when our homeschool days are over with! It was such a sweet journey

And unfortunately, although I taught all four of my girls how to sew and quilt, none of them enjoy it I still have hopes that my quilting gene will be passed onto my future grandchildren someday!
    It does skip a generation! My daughter is interested by then lets me do all the work for her. When she has kids we will have some great sewing lessons!
    Old 03-09-2016, 05:05 PM

Yes it is Jennr8r....thanks!

Originally Posted by JENNR8R
    Old 03-09-2016, 05:13 PM

okay gonna confess...just going to sew my squares for the QAL and it is already Wednesday! And my husband took off Friday this week...guess he didn't get the message that I would be sewing! Oh well I am sure there will be enough time for a movie and quilting!

see you all on Friday

Barb
    Old 03-09-2016, 05:45 PM

Wholeheartedmom, First of all welcome and lurk all you want! As far as your daughters go, give them some time. My oldest daughter vowed to not be like her mom! But guess who loves to dance, loves to dress up for church and holidays, loves to quilt, loves to "muck about in the garden and can tomatoes? Well, of course ! My oldest daughter! She is terrific mom who is more like me that she planned on. We go to quilt retreat together and love to work side by side at our machines. Our quilting styles may be different but down deep we just love and honor homemaking with lots of quilting on the side! Your girls may discover their inner quilter or seamstress in the future. (My #2 daughter is an artist and is wonderful with color but her passion is not in the making of quilts but her eye for color and pattern is marvelous. She is a good fabric shopping buddy!)
    Old 03-09-2016, 06:13 PM

I don't have any daughter's of my own but have 1 grand daughter that loves to sew and quilt! Love it when she can come and stay for a few days, we have our own little retreat.
    Old 03-09-2016, 08:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23
    okay gonna confess...just going to sew my squares for the QAL and it is already Wednesday! And my husband took off Friday this week...guess he didn't get the message that I would be sewing! Oh well I am sure there will be enough time for a movie and quilting!

see you all on Friday

Barb
    No need to confess! This is a 'go at your own pace' QAL. Plenty of time to catch up and finish up before the next QAL, I'm sure.

I'm getting the next step ready to post on Friday!
    Old 03-09-2016, 08:56 PM

Default 2016/2017 Birthday Swap - Final List

Hi everyone.......here's the final birthday swap list....I think I got the corrections all completed. Enjoy the swap this year and I'll be joining you for the quilt-a-longs! Nora
    Attached Files
    File Type: pdf
    2016 Birthdays.pdf (183.2 KB, 91 views)
    Old 03-09-2016, 08:57 PM

Default 2016/2017 Birthday Swap - Barbara's List

Hi Barbara....here's your list. (everyone else, your list is in the previous post). Have fun everyone!
    Attached Files
    File Type: pdf
    2016 Birthdays_Barbaras List.pdf (183.7 KB, 109 views)