Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

• 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 03-14-2016, 08:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba
    Got the snowball blocks done today. Just one question, do you want us to sew the center together or leave it in separate blocks???
    Next week, in Step 4, we will sew the 16 patches and X blocks together, then make the border. You are welcome to 'work ahead' tho, as it's kind of obvious what comes next.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-14-2016 at 08:13 PM.
    Old 03-15-2016, 05:12 AM

that's what I figured, but thought I better ask for sure. Hate the seam ripper Now just debating if I want to make it a little larger, maybe 5 by 5
    Old 03-15-2016, 08:56 AM

I am all caught up, quilting along. Thanks for the instructions, sewbizgirl. Also, thanks for the tip on making extra HSTs, Fraew!! Here is my progress:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]544871[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Old 03-15-2016, 09:14 AM

WOWEE! Everyone's pictures look great! You are all doing a great job! I'm a lurker this year and I have not started in the quilt-a-long yet. But, I'll catch up I hope. I got sidelined making 3 more quilt tops using my Mom's stash and pieces of her clothing. She's in heaven now, so I'm making these quilts for family members. So far, I've completed 8 of them and have 2 more cut out. And, there are still tons of pieces of fabric left. So, I'll keep making them until I run out of fabric or family members to give them to. Once I finish these other 2 tops.......I will see if I have enough to do this quilt-a-long. I'm enjoying this process and it's kind of fun making sure each quilt has enough of my Mom's clothing pieces so no one is "shorted". We called my Mom "Honey" and these are called a "Hug from Honey". For me, this process brings me such joy and a deep connection to my Mom. Everyone, keep up the great work.......I'm thoroughly enjoying lurking and seeing what you have come up with.
    Old 03-15-2016, 09:38 AM

Leesewzany, that is such a beautiful use of color! Love the gradations and the cool tones.
    Old 03-15-2016, 09:40 AM

NoraB, I applaud you for making so many quilts to honor your sweet mother. I made one quilt in memory of my father and that was so emotionally hard to do! I know your family members are loving their "hugs from Honey". Hope you can start the QAL with us soon!
    Old 03-15-2016, 09:43 AM

Extra HSTs? I missed that.
    Old 03-15-2016, 09:54 AM
    Power Poster

Jaba, the border we will work on last will add another 4" all the way around the quilt-- so figure that in when deciding to add to your size.

Leesewzany, I love the look you have achieved with your cool color blocks. There are so many ways you can go with this nifty design. Gold star to you, for keeping up with the steps!

NoraB, how sweet of you to be making the family memory quilts of your mother's clothes. I hope you are enjoying warm memories of her as you sew.

dotcom, the "extra hsts" spoken of were the ones you put in the remote corners-- the corners without any color.

I'm altering a prom dress today, and have a wedding gown after that.... so no quilting for a few days, for me. Wahhh.
    Old 03-15-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Jaba, the border we will work on last will add another 4" all the way around the quilt-- so figure that in when deciding to add to your size.

Leesewzany, I love the look you have achieved with your cool color blocks. There are so many ways you can go with this nifty design. Gold star to you, for keeping up with the steps!

NoraB, how sweet of you to be making the family memory quilts of your mother's clothes. I hope you are enjoying warm memories of her as you sew.

dotcom, the "extra hsts" spoken of were the ones you put in the remote corners-- the corners without any color.

I'm altering a prom dress today, and have a wedding gown after that.... so no quilting for a few days, for me. Wahhh.
    Sewbizgirl
    I have just one question for you...when do you sleep? OMGoodness all the quilts you display throughout the boards, leading a quilt along, and now I read you that you altering a prom dress followed by a wedding gown????? I admire you from afar.
    Old 03-15-2016, 10:12 AM

Nora, what a wonderful thing to do for the members of your family. I am sure these will be quilts that the family members will cherish for years to come.