• Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >
  • 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

• 2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 03-15-2016, 10:14 AM

Got it! Thanks!
    Old 03-15-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
    Leesewzany, that is such a beautiful use of color! Love the gradations and the cool tones.
    Ditto! Wow that is going to be beautiful!
    Old 03-15-2016, 11:31 AM

I'm a little behind in keeping up with the thread. Our little Lhasa Apso, Charlie a rescue tore his ACL a week ago and had surgery so he could use his leg once again. He's a little needy right now...

I may have missed posting some deserved comments to posts and for that I apologize ahead of time.

Fraew... Oh my goodness your quilt in post # 385 is gorgeous! I love the siggies along with blocks and that Wholeheart Mom could find her block how cool was that! I participated in a siggy block swap, right after 9-11 and that quilt that hangs on a quilt rack in our guest bedroom always draws comments from people. They were swapped blocks from around the world and its one of my cherished quilts because of the comments made along with the siggies.

I too had a special quilt that I sent to Charisma to quilt, she is an incredible artist when it comes to envisioning just the right quilting designs for particular quilts!

NoraB post # 359~ How wonderfully generous of you to share the BD list. I've already found it amazingly helpful to look ahead and with the use of colored columns it helps these old eyes along too! Thank-you for your time and sharing!

SheriR post # 365~ OMGoodness baby Ryah what a blessing to your family! I envy you being able to hold and cuddle her so very precious! Satin ruffles wow...I love the picture of the little girl with her quilt already showing it's going to get a lot of loved use too!

My husbands niece loved her baby blanket that was satin edged that her Great Grandmother made for her when she was born. Years later, she had just one strip of satin about 3" wide and about 12" long left from that blanket that she to honor her Great Grandmother, it was pinned to her slip under her wedding dress! Yep that baby blanket she had carried, loved throughout her childhood right to her wedding day when all that was left was the tiny scrap of satin!

Leesewzany post # 413 ~ I've been inspired by your progress with the blocks! I along with others have said love your coordination of colors!

Last edited by onaemtnest; 03-15-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    Old 03-15-2016, 02:14 PM

Decided to make it a tad bigger and I'm ready for the next clue[ATTACH=CONFIG]544920[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 006.jpg  
    Old 03-15-2016, 02:33 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by onaemtnest
    Sewbizgirl
    I have just one question for you...when do you sleep? OMGoodness all the quilts you display throughout the boards, leading a quilt along, and now I read you that you altering a prom dress followed by a wedding gown????? I admire you from afar.
    Ha ha... thanks, Onalee! And I go through the day feeling guilty for not getting anything done! LOL.

I worked at a Bridal shop (twice!) so altering those gowns has become second nature... and I love to help out a bride and make her dress fit like it was made for her alone.

Believe me, I get plenty of sleep!

Hey NoraB... do you have any pictures of the memory quilts you could share with us?
    Old 03-15-2016, 02:48 PM

Checking in for the week. The efforts of all who posted in the QAL are marvelous!!! Love the colors you're using, wow!
    Off to finish last 7 blocks for Farmer's Wife, still need to find or design the last 3. Blocks are 6.5 unfinished, here are a few....(144 needed for Cal King quilt). Hope the pics are small enough to load, but big enough to see! Hope you don't mind me diverting a little from the current topic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544921[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]544922[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]544923[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]544924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544926[/ATTACH]

hugs,
    dj
    Attached Thumbnails triangle-trails-block.jpg   dads-plaids.jpg   no-name-block.jpg   guiding-star-block.jpg  
    Attached Images    
    Old 03-15-2016, 02:50 PM
    Power Poster

Love seeing your blocks, dj! I've always thought those quilts were hard but probably fun to do every block different. I want to try a Civil War sampler quilt.

Jaba! What a pretty sunflower quilt! You also get the gold star! I would love to have a big design wall like yours... we don't have that much wall space anywhere.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-15-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    Old 03-15-2016, 03:52 PM

Jana... Oooooh... Ahhhhh...

It's beautiful!!!
    Old 03-15-2016, 04:15 PM
    Power Poster

Seeing some fun QAL blocks!

dj- terrific FW blocks!
    Old 03-15-2016, 05:01 PM

Jaba, I am doing a 4 X5. I made one three years ago that size and I like it. I may make a few more and expand to 5 X 5 when I see how it looks. Guess we are just a pair of rebels.

Originally Posted by jaba
    that's what I figured, but thought I better ask for sure. Hate the seam ripper Now just debating if I want to make it a little larger, maybe 5 by 5