Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2018 April Secret Pal Sign Up Sheet >
  • 2018 April Secret Pal Sign Up Sheet

• 2018 April Secret Pal Sign Up Sheet

Old 04-26-2018, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj
    Catjo,

I am so sorry for you and your fur baby. Breaking down at the vet is not stupid..... when my girl got Pyometria (sp) a couple of years ago I was in pieces.... I didn't want to leave her at the vets and when the vet finally told me how ill she was (he was hoping to get me out of there without telling me - he had told DH) I didn't want to leave until she had been operated on and was on the mend. Eventually they persuaded me to go home and wait...... and the vet was wonderful, he phoned me at almost midnight just to tell me she was out of surgery and recovering well.

Also, DH was sure he was in for a divorce because it was his fault she got ill. I wanted to have her spayed, but he didn't, he said that she would make a wonderful mum and she should have the chance to be one.... I didn't want that. Had she been spayed she wouldn't have been ill - the whole time she was in surgery, I was crying on and off and DH was saying, "You think it's my fault - don't you" ! I think I was very unkind as I replied... I don't think, I know it's your fault! Not a nice thing to say as he loves her too!

Still, the whole point of the story is that it is not silly to be upset, wherever you are... these babies are a big part of our lives and we love them. I will pray all goes well for your little one.

Hugs

Caroline
    we just dealt with a bought of pyometria. Thank God we were able to combat it with antibiotics. I’m a breeder and so felt like I would have to rehome my Maggie if she were to have to be spayed. I bawled like a baby at the vets when we found out and thought we were going to have to spay her. I’m just not ready to let go of any of my fur babies right now (currently have 4)

Originally Posted by verna2197
    I have been working on my Quilting Diva and if your not comfortable with applique then its hard. Really had to think a few things over. LOL! Anyway here is my Diva and I named her Ruby, not completely done and there are mistakes. Like I should have lined the skin tone or gotten something differnet. Ruby is laying on my ironing board, had hubby hold her up but wasn't a very good pic. Still have lots to do, still have to put bottom border on with the words and make the pin cushion then sew it all down.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]591686[/ATTACH]
    this is amazing!

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog
    Verna! I love Ruby! Did it take much time to do? I feel intimidated by the prospect of doing the Quilting Diva. Do you use the fusible web for the pieces? Do you sew them on? What do you recommend? How did you make the tag, " I heart quilting"?
    I too, feel a little intimidated but it’s such a cool project!
    Old 05-01-2018, 11:24 AM

Got my SP name!!!
    Old 05-02-2018, 05:15 PM

Got my SP name! She lives in a much warmer part of the country than I do.
    Old 05-03-2018, 05:11 AM

Great news ladies, my youngest called me this morning and told me I was gonna be a grandma again!! This is her first tho, my oldest has one already.
    Old 05-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Congrats mscupid804! Lucky you! I'm still waiting for my first!

How about posting to the new May swap thread? They would like to hear!