Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2020 June through November Round Robin >
  • 2020 June through November Round Robin

• 2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 06-19-2020, 12:43 PM

Sorry Sewbizgirl, I know I am probably one of those that typed "show". My dog's name is Bugaroo. He and I are fine with Bug.

Carrie, sending tomorrow will be great as we are headed home in the morning. I've already been browsing the internet to get ideas on rows for round robins... so many to choose from! And then I get to play with colors!!!

This year I wanted to do 2 rounds of sauerkraut. So I planted extra cabbage to allow for deer, rabbits, worms, and turkeys. Absolutely nothing disturbed my cabbage... I now have 76 growing heads of cabbage! This is just one row!! There will be lots of cabbage gifting this year!
    Attached Thumbnails bug.jpg   garden.jpg  
    Old 06-19-2020, 02:21 PM

I wonder how many of us are using pet's names as our board name.

The orignial Macy was a weanling filly I bought many years ago, and I called her Macybaby even after she was all grown up! DH and I sold the horses several years ago. I always told DH that when we moved to town I was going to get a ragdoll kitten, so when we moved last winter, I started looking and found a cute little girl for sale in my state. Decided Macy would be the perfect name for her. She's 7 months old now, and is already bigger than our adult cat. And she's got the typical ragdoll personality, so I'm real pleased with that.
    Old 06-19-2020, 03:17 PM

Here is my finished center and a sample of the rest of the colors I was going to add until I realized that the pattern I was using is 14" per block, I had it in my head that the finished 4 blocks sewn together were going to be 14" and I'd have to add a another 2" border of green to get to my 18" max.
    I'm glad I realized this before I had to do a lot of ripping or start over with different fabric. I'll be mailing it out next week.
    Attached Thumbnails finished-center.jpg  
    Old 06-19-2020, 03:32 PM
    Power Poster

Givio, your center did not come today, tho tracking says it will be delivered today. (It won't). The mail has been screwed up by several days since all the covid stuff... I'm sure it will show up tomorrow. One more day til fun!
    Old 06-19-2020, 05:02 PM

Default Darn I missed the start!

I’ve always wanted to do a round robin. I guess I haven’t been on the board enough to catch this. Have fun! I’ll certainly have fun lurking.
    Old 06-19-2020, 05:04 PM

Mona--your center looks great! I can't wait to add the next border.

I have my center packaged and ready to put in the mail box in the morning...nice thing about living out in the middle of no where is that I can put things in the mailbox and just pay for them the next day. Small town post offices are great!
    Old 06-19-2020, 06:20 PM

carriem, your addition looks great!
    Macybaby, You could opt to send along the fabric you found with your current center, and others could incorporate it. Or you could use it as a final round after you get your top back.
    Sewbizgirl is one for shortening the QB names alright. Mine has only 5 letters, and she still shortens it... to giv. lol
    Mona, I like those round log cabins. I got some neutrals and brown/blacks to make a round log cabin block. It's one of my UFOs though.

mjpEncinitas, keep us in mind for later, and check back to see if we start another RR in December. You are not the only one showing belated interest. :-)

Last edited by givio; 06-19-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    Old 06-19-2020, 08:08 PM

Mona, I am glad you figured it out. I was wondering from an earlier post of yours when you said, "only 3 blocks more to go". I just thought your blocks were very small but photographed large! Still love the fall colors.

Carrie, I will be looking for your package.... so excited!

Macy I think lots of us use our pet names for handles, as well as, for passwords. I do try to be random for passwords in our world of cyber space.
    Old 06-19-2020, 08:31 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bugaroo
    Sorry Sewbizgirl, I know I am probably one of those that typed "show". My dog's name is Bugaroo. He and I are fine with Bug.
    You and everyone else...

Originally Posted by Bugaroo
    I have been in love with Bugaroo since the first time I saw his picture! Is he a giant schnauzer, bouvier, standard poodle, or none of the above. What a handsome fella with a very impressive nose!

This year I wanted to do 2 rounds of sauerkraut. So I planted extra cabbage to allow for deer, rabbits, worms, and turkeys. Absolutely nothing disturbed my cabbage... I now have 76 growing heads of cabbage! This is just one row!! There will be lots of cabbage gifting this year!
    What a pretty garden! I'm jealous. We can't have one unless we put a 10-foot fence around it. The last time we tried, the deer and rabbits got it all. All that work, just for them!
    Old 06-19-2020, 08:37 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    I’ve always wanted to do a round robin. I guess I haven’t been on the board enough to catch this. Have fun! I’ll certainly have fun lurking.
    Hi Mary Jane! Oh, you would be perfect for this! Hope you can get in on the next one. You make about the 4th person who is waiting for the next RR.... I think 4. If you read through the thread you will see who. Maybe one of you wants to start another RR for yourselves? Someone shows up every few days wanting "in", so I know there will be more. Our groups have 6 each. Even just 5 would work.

Great to hear from you!