Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >
  • 2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

• 2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 10-31-2022, 12:43 PM

Here is the flimsy that I finished this afternoon. The pattern is a bonus block from one of Pat Sloan's sew-a-longs. (Table Topper, Bonus Block #2. I tried to link the pattern but her web sites are down today.) I did not do the sew-a-long, but I liked this bonus block. All from stash but I will have to buy a backing. Nothing in my stash big enough or of the "right" color. I used 250, 2.5's cut from the scraps of other quilts. I made an extra block that will become part of the label. Fabric out the door....just short of three yards. Yeah!
    Attached Thumbnails 2022-10-31-charm-squares-2.5s-unfinished.jpg  
    Old 10-31-2022, 01:56 PM
    Power Poster

Beautiful quilt, Linda! What a great scrap user.
    Old 11-01-2022, 12:28 PM

Good - bye, October and Welcome to November.!

I went Christmas and birthday shopping to day.... on my way home from a local fabric store. Found a backing for the quilt I posted yesterday. And even better news, I found bargain priced backing for two candies quilts, $.00 a yard. Yippie!!
    Attached Thumbnails fall-cat-scarf.jpg   november-snoopy.png  
    Old 11-01-2022, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach

I went Christmas and birthday shopping to day.... on my way home from a local fabric store. Found a backing for the quilt I posted yesterday. And even better news, I found bargain priced backing for two candies quilts, $.00 a yard. Yippie!!
    noooooooo! I’m not ready for November! winter makes me want to crawl under my quilts and never come out. And I need to bring my car in to get it looked at, it’s making a real loud noise. Mom thinks it’s the muffler.
    Old 11-01-2022, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach

Correction, the fabric today was not free, Tee-Hee-Hee. It was $4 per yard which is pretty good Fast fingers and poor proof reading on my part.
    Old 11-03-2022, 11:32 AM

Linda - love the quilt, very interesting play on color!

and haha, I think you would have had us all road tripping to your place for free fabric!

And I'm not usually a fan of November - but it's in the 70s and I've been able to spend some good time reading outside.
    Old 11-07-2022, 06:25 AM

Hello again from New Hampshire! I Am mailing the last bday candies out today. Took me a long time to find that last card between the motorhome and son's house. I really hate being disorganized. I am enjoying all your creations and the amount of work some of you do over and over. I just have difficulty making the same block so many times!
    I believe I will be taking next year off - my scrapes are back in AZ and we won't be going that way for a few years. Plus I have all of my candies with me to work on! I have so many ideas on haven't had a chance to sew much - but will be snowed in this winter so plan on using the time. I will keep track and lurk!
    Daughter and family coming in this weekend for two whole weeks. First time in over 25 years both son and daughter will be together with us for Thanksgiving (and living in one house will be really interesting!)
    Happy and thankful for each one of you
    Old 11-07-2022, 07:14 AM

Travelinggrramma, I will certainly miss you in next year's swap. You have been with us for so long! Also will miss the chart from your granddaughter. Such a good secretary! Enjoy your 2.5's collection and sew it down to "zero". Absolutely, lurk for new ideas and updates on projects.

Enjoy Thanksgiving with your family and enjoy living together in one space.
    Old 11-07-2022, 08:45 AM
    Power Poster

TG, New Hampshire must be absolutely gorgeous this time of year! Enjoy your family!
    Old 11-08-2022, 10:59 AM

One more option for all of your little candies. I had a friend show this pattern to me. Wouldn't this work well with holiday prints.
    I found it available online for a fee but I bet you wise ones could figure this out easily. https://franklinquiltco.com/product/scrap-box-chevron/

Happy Quilting, everyone.