Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >
  • 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

• 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 01-01-2023, 07:16 AM

Gannyrosie -- I'm with you! Although, I must admit, I am going to try to finish one UFO a month. That is a goal, not a resolution.

I forgot to hide money outside to bring it in this morning. Time to light some wealth candles instead....

It looks like we are getting a grand bunch of candy swappers this year! Let's see what kind of trouble we can generate in here! I will remember to fussy cut my candies if warranted. I've been shopping for newer fabrics just for this swap! The fabric moratorium allows fabric purchases through today, right? Day 1, I did not purchase new fabric, lol.

Happy New Year!
    Old 01-01-2023, 11:53 AM
    Power Poster

I was planning to sit this year out but at the last minute I changed my mind! I'm back! Sent WMUT my info... I have SO many of these candies, but I am planning to go through my scrap bins and cut a brand new set of 50 for this year's swappers. YAY!

Happy New Year, everyone!
    Old 01-01-2023, 12:14 PM

Yay is right! Your enthusiasm is always welcome!

Does anyone know if I should not have advertised the joys of this swap on the fabric moratorium forum? I've sent Gemm an email (this year's host) to see if it was alright. The two groups seem like a great option -- one group wanting to use up their stash and the other group needing lots of varieties of fabrics without having to invest in yardage. Win- win but I don't know if I am allowed to do that kind of advertising for our bday swap.
    Old 01-01-2023, 03:20 PM

Here we go my swapping friends. The list as of tonight, January 1, is a follows:

1. ahwu
    2. bjsmith57
    3. Crispy_frog
    4. Gaijin
    5. Gannyrosie
    6. Ibex94
    7. Janice McC
    8. JENNR8R
    9. Kele
    10. LAF2019
    11. Logcabin82
    12. Patrick’s Mom
    13. Petthefabric
    14. Sewbizgirl
    15. WMUTeach

All experienced Quilt Board swappers!

We do not have any January swappers, so I will continue to accept new participants to the 2023 Swap until January 30 should anyone ask to join.

I hope you all had a beautiful and fun New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I was with friends and did a lot of snacking and playing board games. We are such wild folk! Tee-Hee-Hee! We had a wee bit of "merry juice" at midnight and then went back to playing games. What did you do to celebrate the holiday?

Last edited by WMUTeach; 01-01-2023 at 03:23 PM.
    Old 01-01-2023, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the update, WMUTeach.
    Old 01-01-2023, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94
    Yay is right! Your enthusiasm is always welcome!

Does anyone know if I should not have advertised the joys of this swap on the fabric moratorium forum? I've sent Gemm an email (this year's host) to see if it was alright. The two groups seem like a great option -- one group wanting to use up their stash and the other group needing lots of varieties of fabrics without having to invest in yardage. Win- win but I don't know if I am allowed to do that kind of advertising for our bday swap.
    I don't know if it is "alright" but I have mentioned it on in a number of threads. What is a little advertising of good things on our site among friends? Thank you, ibex94. If it is not OK, then we will both be in TROUBLE together. We'll just sit in our confinement space and quilt until someone bails us out! Tee-Hee-Hee.
    Old 01-01-2023, 05:16 PM

Put me in a corner with some fabric, thread, and scissors and no other obligations and I will be thrilled!!

Today I let my niece have at my fabric to make a pillowcase. She has not ever sewn anything. I wanted her to see how easy it was as I whittle down my stash. She did a great job!!
    Old 01-02-2023, 10:28 AM
    Power Poster

Hi and welcome back, AHWU! Ahwu and I have back to back birthdays (in April)!
    Old 01-02-2023, 01:44 PM

I finished my first quilt top for the year. It is just a simple dive into my green collection of 2.5's. Started it on Thursday and finished this afternoon. The final size will be about 48 X 56 after a good pressing. I only used 336 squares but that is a start toward depleting my "candy" stash that is WAAAY into the thousands. Next is backing and quilting and into my donation bin.

I am setting a goal for myself to use 4000 squares this year. Now, I have only 3,664 to go. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Attached Thumbnails 2023-01-02-donaation-48x56-336-2.5-sq..jpg  
    Old 01-02-2023, 03:28 PM
    Power Poster

That's really pretty, WMUTeach.