Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >
  • 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

• 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 04-07-2023, 03:36 AM

Your bday is really close SBG. I am glad you're spending it with the grands! Birthday cuddles for you this year!

Logcabin -- you have a while to wait yet. Are you sneaking peaks yet? Have you got a candy project in mind? You're getting projects done left and right these days. I'm glad your shingles are not keeping you down. How are you feeling?

Last edited by ibex94; 04-07-2023 at 03:38 AM.
    Old 04-07-2023, 04:18 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks... I won't be home in time to open my candies so will open them as soon as I get back home. Thank you everyone!
    Old 04-07-2023, 06:42 PM

Sewbiz, just let me know when you return if you have all 19. By my record you have three yet to arrive but as you said, they may be waiting in your mailbox. Enjoy your time away. It is precious.. I also am out of town, out of state in fact, and visiting with one of my daughters. We will be making a run to see my granddaughter at Purdue who I have not seen since.... well along time. This will not be my normal Easter celebration weekend but change can be a good thing.
    Old 04-07-2023, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94
    Your bday is really close SBG. I am glad you're spending it with the grands! Birthday cuddles for you this year!

Logcabin -- you have a while to wait yet. Are you sneaking peaks yet? Have you got a candy project in mind? You're getting projects done left and right these days. I'm glad your shingles are not keeping you down. How are you feeling?
    I have not sneaked any peaks but it’s getting harder each day! lol. I’d like to make a nine patch quilt and started using last years candies, but I haven’t gotten around to finding any candy specific projects.

I am done with taking the anti viral which I had a rough start with, made me real sick. The itching is on and off, sometimes really annoying and I need cream. And I think I found two new spots on me, one mid-low back and the other upper stomach. I’m not sure if this is normal to get more spots, so it’s a little worrisome. Thanks for asking.
    Old 04-08-2023, 08:41 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    Sewbiz, just let me know when you return if you have all 19. By my record you have three yet to arrive but as you said, they may be waiting in your mailbox. Enjoy your time away. It is precious.. I also am out of town, out of state in fact, and visiting with one of my daughters. We will be making a run to see my granddaughter at Purdue who I have not seen since.... well along time. This will not be my normal Easter celebration weekend but change can be a good thing.
    I certainly will let you know what is there when I get home. It may be a week or so before I'm there. I'm having a great Easter visit with grands. We've been hiding and hunting eggs for days!

Happy Easter, everyone! He is Risen!!
    Old 04-08-2023, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Happy Easter, everyone! He is Risen!!
    He is Risen Indeed!
    Old 04-08-2023, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R
    He is Risen Indeed!
    \\

Absolutely. The sermons are starting at the beginning of the Bible. Just studied “The Fall” and “The Promise”. Right at Easter. Having new perspectives this year.

Checked the mail: add
    happlab
    barbarakibler23
    AHWU
    total: 18

Staying occupied so I don’t peek until BD at end of month……torture.
    Old 04-08-2023, 04:05 PM

Well I found the block name and a site which corrected me on how to cut it. It's called an hour glass block. Two 2.5 strips and then cut at 45degrees. Glad I kept searching cause I would of ruined my fabric.
    ​​​​​​hoping everyone have a blessed Easter with family or friends. Will be heading off to see the grands, but granny has to some cooking early.
    Old 04-08-2023, 06:32 PM

Yea! Granny Rosie! I knew that name but just could not pick it out from all the other stuff zooming about the quilting files in my brain.

Happy Birthday, Sewbizgirl. Bask in the joy of y,our special day. Now how often do you get to celebrate Easter and your birthday on the same day? Enjoy the grands and all the eggs and of course birthday treats.

Attached Thumbnails easter-birthday.png  
    Old 04-09-2023, 02:38 AM

Happy Birthday, Sewbizgirl! I hope you have a wonderful day with your family! How special that you get to spend time with them on your day.

And to those who celebrate it, Happy Easter!