Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >
  • 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

• 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 04-20-2023, 04:27 PM

I will send again, JENNR8R.

Minor Correction - The street address is Avenue not Av3.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 04-20-2023 at 04:40 PM.
    Old 04-20-2023, 04:47 PM

I didn’t receive the new list either.

I took my sewing machines into get fixed. The part that holds the needle broke off. I should have it back in 3 weeks. It is my favorite sewing machine to sew on. At least I have a backup machine. So I can continue to sew. Now I need to get back to sewing soon. Take care all and happy sewing and quilting.
    Old 04-20-2023, 07:51 PM

Thought had 18. Recount, all 19 present. Another 5.5 days. Love having A special day..

got May’s addressed. Send tomorrow.

Spring. Here in Florida, the azaleas have bloomed. Amaryllis are just about finished.. For Florida it’s a drought, so watering lawn. Most snowbirds are headed north. Started wearing shorts. Sewing summer tops. Treasuring last days of temperate temps. Looking for tricycle. Equestrian season is wrapping up. Especially important for daughter. Time to fertilize and weed-spray lawn. Checking out parks with springs for cooling in summer.
    Old 04-21-2023, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by happylab
    I didn’t receive the new list either.

I took my sewing machines into get fixed. The part that holds the needle broke off. I should have it back in 3 weeks. It is my favorite sewing machine to sew on. At least I have a backup machine. So I can continue to sew. Now I need to get back to sewing soon. Take care all and happy sewing and quilting.
    Happylab, My apologies. I had a number of names pop up as "invalid". I had have had to send or should I say resend several. The message with the swapper info has been sent again. .

Last edited by WMUTeach; 04-21-2023 at 03:26 AM.
    Old 04-21-2023, 03:21 AM

I just watched today's video from Jordan Fabrics and the featured quilt is primarily 2.5" squares. Yes it would require the purchase of the pattern, but it is an interesting variation and use of squares, 4-patches and triangles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzjpcQo4K5U

Last edited by WMUTeach; 04-21-2023 at 03:39 AM.
    Old 04-21-2023, 03:42 AM

Just found another one mentioned on another thread a few minutes ago. It is raining 2.5" square ideas!! No pattern to purchase and would be perfect in a scrappy layout.
    https://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com...h-4-patch.html
    Old 04-21-2023, 05:47 AM

Spring is peony season. I've had a bunch that have been in my family over 125 years. Every time I move they are dug up and transplanted in my new yard. I worry what will happen to them if I move somewhere without a yard. My sons have no interest in them.

Dad always said they would bloom by Memorial Day. He has always been right. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bloom in April this year. Spring is on a fast track around here. I love watching them grow so fast. They already have buds. I give away lots of the fragrant flowers to anyone who wants them.

I have to be careful who I am around when I prounce their name. My West Virginia mother-in-law called them "pine nees." My mother said "pea oh nees." The internet claims it's "pea uh nees."

Spring is also fox mating season. They start screaming their mating call in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep. If I were a lady fox, I wouldn't be impressed.

Gaijin, your candies are going to the post office this morning. I hope you enjoy them.
    Attached Thumbnails peonies.jpg  
    Old 04-21-2023, 10:07 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks for the pattern suggestions, WMUT. Love watching Donna Jordan make a quilt!

Looks like your peonies will be bursting with blooms very soon, JENNR8R. Please show us a picture of them in bloom when it happens.
    Old 04-21-2023, 04:33 PM

JENNR8R, I had peonys in my yard before I moved to a condo. Loved bring those massive flower heads into the house to decorate with live blooms. I also recall the ants. In my neck of the woods they are pee-ah-knees. We are a good way from bloom.

My distraction is the new life and songs of the birds. My condo backs up to a marsh that is protected. I hear birds calling to friends and mates from dawn to dark. Lots of Canada geese and a hatching of little mustard colored goslings passed by earlier this week. The juvenile geese are honking, fighting and generally causing a ruckus trying to establish territory and pecking order. I see several pair of wood duck daily, an occasional muskrat, hawks , sandhill cranes and more squirrels that you can shake an ear of corn at. I have seen a single bunny, so expect there is a nest of little ones near by. Every time I pass a window or hear a sound, my eyes are drawn to what is going on outside. Oh, yes, there is an abundance of frogs, though I never see them. The spring peepers are peeping and crooking all night long. Love the marsh. The photo is from early summer.
    Attached Thumbnails 2021-0-7-16-marsh-summer.jpg  
    Old 04-21-2023, 04:39 PM

My Spring distraction is getting out on my electric bike and biking all over the place, going to all my favorite nature spots.