Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >
  • 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

• 2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 04-23-2023, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    I just sent the PM with our May birthday gal's information and a spring time contest. If there are questions or errors, let me know and I will make corrections.

Travelinggramma - I am so happy that you are enjoying the changes of season between states. If you get a chance show us a photo of your light/dark brown and green patches. Love your mention of "sewing bliss". The perfect name for our tine at the machine, OK most of the time at our machine.

Sewbizgirl, all progressing well with hubby and are you getting some R & R from grandchild time.?

NZ, did you squeeze in a moment or two of sewing between the needs of your kiddos?

Keep sharing your pattern finds that use our 2.5s. I am building quite collection of "someday quilts". Bet you are too!
    WMU... i dont have the pm for mays bd's. Can you resend. Thanks mary
    Old 04-23-2023, 02:18 PM

Love the springtime photos you have shared. Springtime here in central florida means the start of summer. lol. The snowbirders have all left and traffic is now tolerable! However, the lack of snowbirders means my referral base at work has dropped, too. perhaps now I have time to breathe and maybe even do some quilting in the evenings!
    Old 04-23-2023, 03:23 PM

Default 15-minutes-a-day

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    If you find the source of the 15-minute a day plan, please post it here. Someone else may need that small little nudge to restarting their quilting journey.
    https://kate-life-in-pieces.blogspot.com/ Found it!
    Old 04-23-2023, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Quossum
    Thank you! Yes, little Pixie was quite a sweet little girl, and was also my first Agility dog. Here's a link to a YouTube of her in her prime. The quality of the vid isn't all that wonderful, as it's from "the early days" of video and YT in general, but you get the idea!
    Wow what energy. Pixie had the springs of a rabbit and what distance!. Some of her jumps started well before the bar and she landed with room to spare. I am impressed! Agility dogs are way out of my realm of knowledge. I have only seen the bigger dogs, like herder dogs doing this kind of competition and never live.

Old 04-24-2023, 01:29 AM

Thanks wmu, got it!

been working in the yard mostly and around the house inside since we've been having some nice weather. This spring has been up and down with the weather. One day we'll be in thec50s the next it may be 85. My flowers dont know what to do. My paper whites , which I started 30 years ago have gone from 10 bulbs to probably 150, if not more. They bloom in late January. My iris's started early due some warm days in March, they don't last long, but beautiful when in bloom. My daisy's and Lilly's are starting to bloom. Spent this weekend working on the vegetable garden.
    spring is my fav time for working in the yard watching all the blooms especially since the Jasmine is in full bloom.
    glad to hear everyone is doing well.
    few pics of my spring and early spring blooms.paper-whites.jpglilly.jpglillium.jpgbogavilla.jpgsummer-iris.jpgClick image for larger version

Name:	lilly.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	643724
    Old 04-24-2023, 04:03 AM

Gannyrosie, you are surrounded by some glorious colors. Inspiration!
    Old 04-24-2023, 08:48 AM

Love the springtime transition post request! I also have bulbs coming up, and have been nervously watching my german iris collection with the snow last week, following hot weather. But the biggest thing for me is anticipating the newest addition to my small collection, which are two persimmon trees I planted on my tree lawn after the city came in and replaced all of the street and installed the new storm sewer system. It was the perfect time to choose a new tree, and the persimmon topped the list. It looks like I have new buds on the little sticks so I'm excited. They will make it. Does anyone else have the urge to declutter and clean like I do? Got rid of a bunch of boxes and other stuff, and I'll be getting rid of some more this week. Also started the spring with a fantastic retreat in Liberty Missouri last weekend at Quilting Is My Therapy. Such fun! Hugs all!
    Old 04-24-2023, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
    Love the springtime transition post request! I also have bulbs coming up, and have been nervously watching my german iris collection with the snow last week, following hot weather. But the biggest thing for me is anticipating the newest addition to my small collection, which are two persimmon trees I planted on my tree lawn after the city came in and replaced all of the street and installed the new storm sewer system. It was the perfect time to choose a new tree, and the persimmon topped the list. It looks like I have new buds on the little sticks so I'm excited. They will make it. Does anyone else have the urge to declutter and clean like I do? Got rid of a bunch of boxes and other stuff, and I'll be getting rid of some more this week. Also started the spring with a fantastic retreat in Liberty Missouri last weekend at Quilting Is My Therapy. Such fun! Hugs all!
    I have I have been in a serious declutter mode since the first of the year. Space by space and drawer by drawer.

All swappers, I may be rather silent. I spilled water on my laptop and need to let it dry out a d pray it is OK. I may go to my local library to do online work. Working on my phone is ... difficult. Keep talking Spring. It is a lovely conversation.

Old 04-24-2023, 02:27 PM

Reba I know I need to declutter, but i have to be in the mood, usually winter is when that happens. I hate cold weather, so being inside gets me in that mood.
    from April to may before the heat and humidity comes on heavy there are fair and festivals every weekend. Jazz fest is getting ready to start andcwe just had french quarter fest. Many crawfish boils and school fairs. So spring is a busy time.

Old 04-24-2023, 03:04 PM

I received my first three envelopes for my birthday in May!

1. Patricks Mom
    2. Pet the fabric
    3. JENNR8R

Thank you so much!