Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 09-01-2024, 11:42 AM

I've been dogsitting for the last week, and was going to say that I got my candies in the mail last Monday - however I see that both have already arrived so no need LOL!!

Still have not got my sewing room set up enough to get any sewing done. I'm so ready to sew again - I think the last time I did any sewing was back in April. Slowly getting the room set up along with getting a lot of other stuff done.

Old 09-01-2024, 01:09 PM

Well, thank you, @terriamn ! I will treasure the bonus squares and shake my fist at the delays of the postal service! lol
    Old 09-02-2024, 05:50 PM

Greetings! My September birthday cards were put in the mail on Saturday, August 31st. Sorry if mine are late. It sounds like many of the cards have already been delivered!

TravelingGramma- Maybe I missed a post, but have you received my August birthday greeting? Let me know because if not, I'll rush another one out to you!
    Old 09-03-2024, 04:28 AM

Crispy_frog, Let's see what TG says, but I do not have a record that she received one from you. FYI, there is always a flurry of early arrivals from those who send out immediately after I post the birthdays. Then a second flurry just before the birth date.

**** Note to all, please post a final list of who you received packages from 2 to 3 days after your birthday. That gives late arrivals just a smidge of time. I keep track of little packages sent and received, but I can make miss a postig too and your final accounting lets us all know if a package is missing. ****

Honestly, this has been the worse year for on time arrivals. So many Post Office snafus that resulted in late packages, a few really late packages. And then a few of us mailing late and expecting packages to arrive in two or three days. Seldom happens. Chin up, we will get through it. The celebrations are such fun even if they are spread out past our birthday. I know that you are trying to get cards and envelopes to the Birthday Swapper on time. (((Hugs)))
    Old 09-03-2024, 11:59 AM

CrispyFrog - I gladly accepted and opened your card and goodies. Thank you one and all.
    I have not done a good job of keeping a list this year. Between. Computer and internet issues and packing/ moving I am out of sorts.
    Old 09-03-2024, 12:40 PM

TG, so glad you got your package! Yeah! I have made a note on my list that the package was received from Crispy_Frog.

I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful day that I/we are having here in Michigan. Temp 75 today with a cloudless sky. Perfect!

Here is a little shot of my ZuZu telling me to stop quilting because it is time to go to bed last nigh. Silly kitty, I just had to finish the quilting on my 2.5 quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails 2024-09-02-zuzu-thinks-its-time-stop-quilting.jpg  
    Old 09-03-2024, 03:24 PM

One more arrived for me before I left town again! Thank you, Reba!! I will be depending on DH to broadcase new arrivals. I counted 12 treasured envelopes on my desk when I left this morning. I won't create a new list until I get back home in a couple weeks.

The sun is getting close to the equator at last! The mornings are cooling into the 70s. Wow! Of course, by afternoon it is too hot for me again but I may be able to start walking in the mornings again. I think all the gatorade I have been drinking added 10+ pounds to my tummy this summer. Time for that weight to go away! I'm shifting back to an anti-inflammatory diet, too. I've been a derelict for almost a year not paying attention to what I am eating. I cannot eat the way my husband eats... it is making me gain way too much weight.
    Old 09-03-2024, 06:03 PM

I had to take a few minutes to read about the concept of an anti-inflammatory diet, Ibex. Interesting. I do like the way the John Hopkins site suggests your start.....one meal at a time. Nothing radical just start eliminating and replacing foods that cause inflammation.

Send a list of packages when you return home to celebrate. Be careful, it will sneak up on you!
    Old 09-04-2024, 06:29 AM

Finally a chance to catch up. We had major, major flooding back in Aug. The brook that runs through our back yard crested the highest that we had ever seen in the 12 years living here. Our last 1/4 of our driveway was under 3 feet of water. The brook was 4 feet over the road culverts creating a river down a portion of our road. You can see pictures of the power of water, but it is completely different to witness in person. Luckily most of our property was ok. We have been dealing with septic issues, driveway and road closure/damage but it appears that things are finally calming down.....just in time for 3/4 inch or rain expected this weekend.

Happy belated birthday to all those in August, and Happy early birthday to the September birthdays!!!!!!

I have begun hand quilting (my preferred method) a thrift store find top. It is a true scrappy squares set on point top, all hand pieced with tiny 1/8 th inch seam allowances. There are so many different fabric types in this: cotton, polyester, flannel, shirting, light denim, and a shiny outdoor feeling fabric, a true scrap quilt. I had forgotten that it was a big full/queen size when I got it out to sandwich, but it will be a full winter project bc I am doing the baptist fan design. I think the end result will be a lovely tribute to the original maker. The tight quilting of the baptist fan will also keep those tiny seam allowances in place......at least that is the idea.
    Old 09-04-2024, 07:58 AM
    Power Poster

Heather, what an ordeal you have been through! I hope the flooding is subsiding now and everything can be repaired and get back to normal for you.
    Your hand quilting project sounds lovely. Please show us when you get it quilted.