Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 09-10-2024, 04:05 AM

I'm happy to tell you that I've been working on organizing my new sewing room and I'm almost to the point I can sew again! I still have to figure out how get my main piecing machine plugged in yet. It's sort of in the middle of the room. It's been a real challenge to fit everything in to such a smaller space than I have. It's still I nice sized room and at some point in the future the LA may get moved to the basement and then I'll have loads of room for the rest.
    Old 09-10-2024, 08:04 AM
    Power Poster

Glad you are nearly up and running, Cathy. My sewing machine is in the middle of my dining room. My husband put an electrical outlet in the middle of the floor so I can plug it in without long dangerous cords to jump over as I move around the room. It's so convenient and wasn't too hard to do.
    Old 09-10-2024, 12:35 PM

JaniceMcC, I do plan on taking this group on to 2025. Although I have nothing firmly planned yet. I am guessing that sign ups will be much like last year. Sign up will likely close in December so if we have a January birthday they don't have to wait or the next year.And if we don't then we have some "wiggle room for late additions. If swappers are ready to commit earlier, I certainly can start creating a list at any time.

Having a dedicated space, any space is wonderful. I like the idea of a floor outlet as mentioned by SBG. I bet more than one of us would like that in our sewing space. There are never enough outlets in a sewing room/space.

Mailbox update as of 9/10
    JENER8R
    Gaijin
    Travelinggramma
    Janice McC
    Patrick's Mom
    Quossum
    Heathermom2opmc
    pamelor
    Sewbizgirl
    Brenda W.
    Reba Quilt
    Terriamn
    Macybaby
    SusieQOH
    LogCabin82
    Ibex94
    Latest arrivals:
    Happylab
    Crispy_frog

Last edited by WMUTeach; 09-10-2024 at 12:37 PM.
    Old 09-10-2024, 12:52 PM

I have lots of outlets in my sewing room at home in Minnesota, hubby loves tinkering with electricity ( one of his majors was in theater and he did all the electrical work) but not so lucky in Texas. Hoping when he runs out of things to do he might notice all my extension cords and add a few outlets.
    Old 09-10-2024, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    I have lots of outlets in my sewing room at home in Minnesota, hubby loves tinkering with electricity ( one of his majors was in theater and he did all the electrical work) but not so lucky in Texas. Hoping when he runs out of things to do he might notice all my extension cords and add a few outlets.
    Good for you to have a handyman so close at hand!
    Old 09-11-2024, 02:36 PM

Ibex, are you in a safe place? I am watching the the national news and they are showing how serious this Cat 2 hurricane is. If you can, let us know your OK.

I will also check on the Boom Squirrels thread.
    Old 09-12-2024, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    Ibex, are you in a safe place? I am watching the the national news and they are showing how serious this Cat 2 hurricane is. If you can, let us know your OK.

I will also check on the Boom Squirrels thread.
    I was too busy enjoying the hurricane and catching up on school work to come in and see the new blocks. I'm sorry for worrying you. One of the joys of teaching geography is I love to read the discussions on weather underground to get the inside scoop on all the hurricane predictions. I will flee if a Cat 3 is coming, but low level hurricanes are a joy to watch. I didn't want to drive up to MS the hurricane would have followed me to central MS and I had to be back down here Friday (tomorrow) to teach. I didn't want to drive through anything nasty to get back here today. The timeline was too tight and there were too many potential hurricane damage issues that could have slowed me down. So I worked on my classes and still have way too much to catch up on. I got no quilting done. Sigh. I just have too much work at school right now to think about quilting.
    Old 09-13-2024, 04:02 AM

Ibex, too much to do to quilt? Yup, I understand. I am really quite amazed at how much more time I have to quilt or time to waste when I am not teaching. Glad you are safe and sound. I suspect you have lived through enough hurricanes to know when to flee and when to stay put. It is likely like our snow storms. Some times you hunker down and other times, you bundle up and carry on, carefully.
    Old 09-13-2024, 02:51 PM

I got my last packet today! Thank you very much, happylab, for making this a very lucky (and quilt-candy-sweet!) Friday the 13th!
    Old 09-13-2024, 05:12 PM

Happy continuing birthday, Quossum!!

I have six envelopes waiting for me since I left MS. Then again, they may have put others on top while I was gone. Here is my list. Thank you one and all!! My stack is reaching the ceiling! Thank you for the joy!

Happylab
    Logcabin82
    Pamelor (at last!!)
    Crispy-Frog
    SusieQOH
    Terriamn
    Sewbizgirl
    JaniceMcC
    TravelingGramma
    JENNR8R
    Rebaquilts
    Heathermom2OPMC