Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 06-22-2024, 12:53 PM

So many quilts, so little time! Gorgeous patterns!

I have not yet mailed your candies, Terriamn. They are in New Orleans and I am up in MS. But come Monday they will be mailed. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! It is always a joy celebrating something so wonderful!!

Happy Summer everyone!
    Old 06-22-2024, 01:22 PM

Hi Gang! Sorry I forgot to mention it, but I dropped both of the July birthday greetings off at the post office on Tuesday, June 18th. Hope they arrive safely!
    Old 06-22-2024, 04:54 PM

Is spent the greater part of my day celebrating a "neice" or rather the daughter of a niece by marriage. Got that tangled genealogy? She is from Florida and the whole family came back to Michigan for a graduation celebration and summer family reunion on my sister-in-laws family. We are all just one big family. I gifted this young'en with a quilt of course to carry on the family tradition. When my SIL passed away I took on her role as family quilt maker. I made this gal a baby quilt 19 years ago. Now she has her "grown up" quilt. I cheated just a bit and did not make a quilt specifically for her mostly because I hardly know her, her tastes and interests. I gave her one made in 2023 that was my quilt group's mystery quilt. Loved the quilt it is young, colorful and well, I thought it would fit her.

Attached Thumbnails 2024-6-22-gifted-katie-eaton-made-2023..jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 06-22-2024 at 04:58 PM.
    Old 06-23-2024, 05:23 AM

Default July Candies

Candies in the mail last week for our first July birthday! Hope the mail cooperates!
    Old 06-23-2024, 06:14 AM

WMUT, beautiful niece and quilt

Candies received so far

Quassome
    JennR
    travelingGramma
    Patrick’s Mom
    WMUT
    PamJ
    thank you ladies
    Old 06-23-2024, 12:27 PM

Trying to attach picture.
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot_20240623_151108_facebook.jpg  
    Old 06-23-2024, 12:29 PM

That wasn't my quilt. Saw it on a Pat Sloan post. Sorry if someone already posted it.
    Old 06-23-2024, 02:24 PM
    Power Poster

Beautiful quilt for your niece, WMUT! Is it one of the "3 yard quilts"?

The candy kitties are pretty too, Crispy. Not too hard to replicate.

I think I'm going to round up some 16 patch blocks I have around here and see if I can't start that Give and Receive quilt with the stars and 16patches. I have lots of new candies that want to come out to play.

Old 06-23-2024, 04:41 PM

SBG, the quilt is not a 3 yard quilt to my knowledge. It takes about 5.5 yards for the top. My quilt group leader found the pattern and broke it down into 5 steps for a mystery quilt. The only name I have is "Woven Quilt" but I have no source. It was simple to make and I happened to have the appropriate amounts of left overs from other quilts to create this one. Like it well enough I might make another in another color way.

Crispy, I think the kitty pattern was posted earlier this year or maybe it was just a picture. But yes, easy to replicate. It reminds me of the Calico Cat from the children's poem "The Duel" (The gingham dog and the calico cat side by side on a table sat...), https://poets.org/poem/duel

Photos for our 2.5 day of the Give and Receive with Stars, in progress please. Encouragement for us all.

Thanks for the Birthday List, Terriamn.
    Old 06-24-2024, 03:55 AM

I'll be dropping my candies in the mail today. Am mailing from GA again, won't be back in South Dakota until the 1st.

Have really good news - we accepted an offer on our SD house and should be closing around the first of August. DH is getting done with the work of fixing the porch supports on DS's house so the roof can be replaced. That was the main thing we needed to accomplish this trip. Originally planned to stay down here until after the 4th, but with the accepted offer, we are heading back a week earlier so we can get the last load with the big trailer accomplished (great part is trailer will stay in GA this time), and then head back to SD for the closing. We'll have one more trip moving our side by side and the smaller trailer. That one will be interesting as I'll be driving my RAV4 pulling the small trailer and DH will be driving the truck pulling the side by side. If we get a fast turn around with the big trailer, we may take the truck and sxs in a separate trip and have DS bring us back. He wants to make one more trip to SD for some reason . . . We'll see how things go.

My sewing room is almost all set up, but there is too much other stuff to do right now. I'm so looking forward too having the house finally sold and not driving back and forth anymore.