Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 06-24-2024, 05:08 AM

Great news, Macybaby! I’m sure you long to be settled. Safe travels back to SD and much luck with the house sale.
    Old 06-24-2024, 06:40 AM

Macybaby fantastic news. I remember how excited and relieved we were when we sold our house and moved 90 minutes away. That was a lot of back and forth driving on a daily schedule, can’t imagine driving back and forth across the country
    Old 06-24-2024, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    SBG, the quilt is not a 3 yard quilt to my knowledge. It takes about 5.5 yards for the top. My quilt group leader found the pattern and broke it down into 5 steps for a mystery quilt. The only name I have is "Woven Quilt" but I have no source. It was simple to make and I happened to have the appropriate amounts of left overs from other quilts to create this one. Like it well enough I might make another in another color way.
    Well inquiring minds want to know. When I was at quilt group tonight I asked again about the name of the quilt pattern and our leader said the quilt pattern was out of print for a while. But she said she has been seeing examples of the quilt again recently. It is now available through Connecting Threads. https://www.connectingthreads.com/wo...nload/p/13236D
    Old 06-24-2024, 08:50 PM
    Power Poster

Yay, Macybaby... congrats on the house sale! You are almost completely relocated. I know you'll be glad to be done.

Thanks for the link to the Woven pattern, WMUT. Anybody notice another pattern on that page that would lend itself to a candies adaptation? The "Tabby Block Pattern"! It could be a simple, cute candy and scraps quilt.

Old 06-25-2024, 03:17 AM

Oh, I did not look over that page at all. Silly me. It looks like a variation of one of the Debbie Brown patterns from her first year of monthly scrap quilts during COVID. I agree it is easy and the color choices in THIS pattern makes it modern, stand out and interesting. Some folks on the QB ask for "masculine" patterns and quilts, and this would the bill easily. So many ideas, so little time.

Today is 2.5 day.................Any examples of your efforts to show us today? Remember your project does not need to be finished. In progress is perfect.
    Old 06-25-2024, 05:41 AM

Here is my most recent wip for candies. All of it is made from scraps including the black sashing. The pattern idea was one that I saw somewhere---so many screenshots that I forget what media I see things on. It is now sewn together and I have put a narrow 1.5 inch yellow border on it. I have a couple ideas to grow this quilt, and I will see where this one takes me. Some of my favorite quilts are ones that seem to grow from a single idea and become unique.
    Fingers crossed that my envelopes for July arrive in time. I mailed them out on the 18th. Looking forward to seeing other wip for 2.5 candies.

Attached Thumbnails img_3058.jpg  
    Old 06-25-2024, 08:04 AM

Good morning,

So I was informed June birthdays did not arrive. I am not sure what is going on. I checked at the local post office and said they have been having an issue with mailboxes being broken into. I will now walk mine into the post office. I am really sorry. In all my years of doing swaps, I have never had this many issues. My candies for June are going out today.

SBG, did you ever get the first candies I sent?
    Old 06-25-2024, 08:06 AM

I have received:
    SusieQ
    SBG
    CrispyFrog
    Quossum
    WMUTeach
    PamJeffcoat
    PatricksMom
    JennR8R
    JaniceM
    Old 06-25-2024, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
    Good morning,

So I was informed June birthdays did not arrive. I am not sure what is going on. I checked at the local post office and said they have been having an issue with mailboxes being broken into. I will now walk mine into the post office. I am really sorry. In all my years of doing swaps, I have never had this many issues. My candies for June are going out today.

SBG, did you ever get the first candies I sent?
    I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this! But on the other hand glad you found a possible reason. Thanks for re-sending the June packages along with the July package. Keep your eyes open swappers for Hav4's packages. Yeah!!!

Thanks for the list.

And yes, SBG did get her package from Hamilton, MS. I will let her tell you herself or re-post her message from a few weeks ago to the thread.
    Old 06-25-2024, 06:54 PM

Just saw this blanket for sale on a site. Would be awesome to make into a quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1719370255900.jpg