Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 06-26-2024, 03:29 PM

I have received:SusieQSBGCrispyFrogQuossumWMUTeachPamJeff coatPatricksMomJennR8RJaniceM
    Heathermom2opmc
    Old 06-26-2024, 04:21 PM

Amazing and most impressive quilts on the Laundry Basket site! Woozers! No slackers in that collection of quilts. Voted of course. Want to support our swapper's efforts.

Got your list Hav4.

Now I am off to clear away more scraps by turning them into 2.5's. I did find the white surface of my sewing/cutting table but still more to scraps to trip up. Never ending story, right?

Old 06-26-2024, 05:36 PM

Reba I popped over and voted for you. Lots of beautiful eye candy.

Candies received so far

Quassome
    JennR
    Patrick’s Mom
    WMUT
    PamJ
    Janice
    Sewbiz
    crispy frog
    Debora O
    Traveling Gramma
    Brenda W

Thanks again
    Old 06-27-2024, 02:51 AM

Thanks so much for voting of course, and I’m glad you enjoyed the beautiful quilts, hopefully my candies will arrive on time, hugs!
    Old 06-27-2024, 09:46 AM
    Power Poster

I voted for your beautiful quilt too, Reba! Looks like you are in the lead!
    Old 06-27-2024, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    I voted for your beautiful quilt too, Reba! Looks like you are in the lead!
    Thanks! Yes it has been neck and neck for the last few days. I appreciate the vote ;-) Hugs!
    Old 06-27-2024, 02:34 PM

Beautiful quilts in that Laundry Basket blog! Yours is gorgeous! I'm your 162 vote.

Terriamn, I am so hoping my candies make it to you by July 1. I didn't get to mail them until Tuesday and mail from New Orleans is notoriously slow. Please know I do wish you a wonderful birthday even if they don't arrive by July 1.

Have4boys, yours were sent at the same time so hopefully yours will arrive well before your birthday :-).
    Old 06-27-2024, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by pamelor
    Here's my progress on checkerboard chain design for 2.5 day (it's still the 25th, Pacific time). I have about a third of the blocks done I figure. Some of the 1.5 inch square pieces are appallingly inaccurate, but my significant other suggests I just keep plugging along, then at the end toss out the most horrendous ones and redo... rather than tossing them all out NOW in frustration. I still like it.
    I was wandering our thread looking for a link I posted who knows when and I stumbled across you progress report on the Checker Board Chain. Did you get finished?
    Old 06-28-2024, 05:16 AM

Reba, that quilt is stunning and I voted for it too!

WMUTeach, it's coming along but not done. THank you for asking! The blocks are done and top is about 2/3 put together. My boyfriend and I are buying a house and are excited but busy. All weekend I had the blocks laid out on my design floor which is also the living room floor, dining room floor and actually the ONLY room in our apartment other than the bedroom/bathroom. We kept tip toeing around it and bonking into other objects in the process. .... I really like how the blocks are coming together. It was probably silly to "design" this since the colors are so random anyway. Kind of envy you guys who have actual houses, and actual quilting skills! will post a picture when the top is done.
    Old 06-28-2024, 05:02 PM

My dear you have quilting skills. Look at the quilts you have made. We all learn more over time until all of a sudden we turn around and see we have made 25, or 50 or 100 quilts. When I started I wanted to make one quilt for each year of my life. Well, I am well over 200 and trust me I am not 200 years old. Tee-Hee-Hee! Over time you will get the space you need for a little corner to call your quilting space. I bet if you asked most of us birthday swappers, you would find we have all walked through a time of no space or very small space. You will get there. You mentioned a new home and perhaps you will be able to carve our a little spot for yourself and your quilting. Yes, a photo when you are finished or on on 2.5 day in July. A little progress is still progress!