Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 07-02-2024, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Heathermom2opmc
    Terriamn, I am so sorry that your package didn't arrive in time. I am really upset bc this is the first time that I have had an issue. Not sure what happened at all.

WMUTeach---how long do you want me to wait until I send out a replacement envelope? As a newbie I have been very nervous that one of my envelopes would be late, and here it is 1/2 way through the swap this year.
    Hether, Please give the package at least 7 more days. (We have a holiday and weekend to deal with here.) The packages/envelopes generally eventually do arrive. Although I am keeping track that packages are arriving, I just can't make anyone "sit in the naughty chair" for being late this year. So many incidents of late packages when swappers have posted when they dropped them in the mail, or to the post office. The late arrivals are not coming from the same swapper. It is frustrating, I am sure when you all make every effort to mail on time or early, and then find your name is missing from on the list of packages that have arrived.

Hang in there and Birthday Gals, please post when those late arrivals show up so I know too. We all acknowledge that is more often than not simply slow delivery of the mail, not the swappers.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 07-02-2024 at 03:21 PM.
    Old 07-02-2024, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    Oh, Rats! I was so happy for you. Now you really are a victim of creative thievery! Boo to those who do this kind of thing. None the less, we all have your directions to may your Valentine Candy Block and those little dresden plates too.

Sad that your work was not honored as it could have been.
    What is really sad is that some unscrupulous foreign companies take pictures of online quilts and "recreate" them for sale. I had one person tell me about the poor quality of my quilt that she bought. If the price is too good to be true, beware!
    Old 07-04-2024, 01:04 AM
    Power Poster

Love your candy quilts, Jenn. I have seen those companies selling other people's designs and it really makes me mad. I guess those that can, do... and those that can't, sometimes steal.

Don't know what's going on with the mail these days, but it sure is unreliable. Maybe we just need to allow more time for our package deliveries.

Terri, your hubby is funny. Doesn't he know the whole point of quilting is to cut up fabric into small bits and then put it back together again? LOL!
    Old 07-04-2024, 02:29 AM

Have a beautiful day of celebration! Happy 4th of July!
    Attached Thumbnails 4th-july.jpg  
    Old 07-05-2024, 08:26 AM

I am going to go with mailing priority so I have tracking. This is ridiculous.

I have received:
    SusieQ
    SBG
    CrispyFrog
    Quossum
    WMUTeach
    Pam Jeffcoat
    PatricksMom
    JennR8R
    JaniceMcC

Heathermom2opmc
    Reba
    MacyBaby
    HappyLab
    Ibex74
    PattiRuggiero
    Gaijin
    TravelingGramma

Old 07-05-2024, 08:53 AM

Even though SewBiz's was 2 months late, getting the Quilt City Hamilton postmark was worth the kind of ridiculous delay. And considering I mailed 2 envelopes of candies from Hamilton at the same time on the same day, there is no explanation why one came on time, and the other 2 months late. In my opinion, in the grand scheme of things, one late candy package isn't the end of the world, and I wouldn't personally want anyone to spend priority postage to avoid a late envelope to me, I'm ok if it comes late. It's all good. I am still chewing over what I will be using all of those beautiful candies for. On that same topic, do any of you know a good small basket pattern for candies? Hugs in advance!
    Old 07-05-2024, 10:07 AM
    Power Poster

I believe they sell tracking numbers for first class mail now, too. Started that a few years ago.
    Old 07-05-2024, 01:58 PM

HAV I haven’t been home the last couple days, will be heading their tomorrow and will lay you know ASAP if your envelope is there

I haven’t mailed yours yet, I was waiting till it was a little closer to your birthday. Will mail it Monday.
    Old 07-05-2024, 04:20 PM

I have tracking on my envelopes without priority mail. It is of course up to each individual but the cost for priority could make this swap prohibitive. We are a gracious group and we are understanding about late packages and know that it is not the fault of the one sending the birthday 2.5's.

FYI - From the US Postal Service. "You might want to think about buying stamps soon before prices increase. The price of Forever Stamps will increase by 5 cents from 68 cents per stamp to 73 cents per stamp starting July 14, 2024, according to the U.S. Postal Service."

Old 07-07-2024, 06:20 AM

Ladies my last 3 envelopes of candy have arrived.

Heather and. SusieQ yours show stamped on June 18 and they arrived yesterday HAV yours didn’t even have a date, just a squiggle line though your postage.

Thank you again everyone