Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 07-07-2024, 08:27 AM
    Power Poster

Isn't it ridiculous when it takes 3 weeks or a month for a first class "letter" to arrive? Maybe we should just back up our mailing dates... instead of the 20th of each month, how about the 10th?
    Old 07-07-2024, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Ladies my last 3 envelopes of candy have arrived.

Heather and. SusieQ yours show stamped on June 18 and they arrived yesterday HAV yours didn’t even have a date, just a squiggle line though your postage.

Thank you again everyone
    I am so very glad that it finally arrived. I used to joke that certain things I would send in the USPS with tracking were taking a vacation when you could track them going to places no where near the final destination. Perhaps those last 3 envelopes decided to go on vacation? In all seriousness, I am very glad that they arrived.

Old 07-07-2024, 12:53 PM

I’m curious how much weather has to do with one reason mail is so slow. Wild fires in California, flooding & tornadoes
    in Midwest, central us, and east of the country. I know if it messes with the airlines it has to play havoc on ground transportation too.

- FYI, Bonnie Hunter posted a new leader ender challenge where 2.5” squares and scrap fabric can be used to make the blocks.
    Old 07-08-2024, 04:35 AM

OK my Birthday Swapping friends, I am giving notice that I will be away for a day or two. Not a vacation, not a big adventure but....a new hip. Yes, I am having hip replacement surgery tomorrow. It is time to do what needs to be done to alleviate discomfort. Long time coming and a big decision not taken lightly. Eight months of PT with no change made the decision a bit easier to finalize. I have been assured that I will be functioning well almost immediately. Yeah! I expect I will be a bit fuzzy headed tomorrow and back to reading and posting on Wednesday.
    I have considered moving the date of posting birthdays and looking ahead at when birthdays fall. Nearly all upcoming birth dates will have a 3 to 4 week window if I continue with posting on the 20th. Some will have 4 to 5 weeks because the dates are at the far end of the month. A few are at the beginning of the month and those months I will post earlier as I did for July.

There are so many reasons for mail not being delivered in a timely way. It could be weather, short on employees, consolidating services into mail distribution centers rather than from local sites, expecting fewer employees to do more with the same 8 hour day, or workers taking earned time off with minimal workers to fill in. Excuses? Reasons? Maybe but in the end, we can't control any of those factors. All we can do is pop our envelopes in the mail on the 21th of the month and sit back and collect the little sweeties and watch that our packages have arrived. I have been keeping tack each month and about 15 of the 19 are arriving on time each month. As I mentioned before only a few are taking a long journey to arrive, and they are not from the same swapper. It all seems to be random.

Quick reminders:
    ****Have your packages ready, so when the list arrives you are ready to go.
    ****There are 10 more mailings this swap year.
    ****Put your screen name on the outside of the package so your full name is not disclosed. (Your personal security.)

Have a wonderful and glorious day and I will "see you" in a couple of days.
    Old 07-08-2024, 05:37 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Ladies my last 3 envelopes of candy have arrived.

Heather and. SusieQ yours show stamped on June 18 and they arrived yesterday HAV yours didn’t even have a date, just a squiggle line though your postage.

Thank you again everyone
    WOW! I sent it the first week of June! Like the second or third of June! Glad you got it though.
    Old 07-08-2024, 08:02 AM
    Power Poster

All the best with your hip replacement, WMUT. I think you will really like the results. I taught Silver Sneakers exercise classes for years and had many hip replacements in my classes. Everyone seemed to be really pleased with their new hips, increased mobility and being out of constant pain! They all said the hip replacement was fast to recover from (unlike knee replacement). We'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Old 07-08-2024, 08:23 AM

Best wishes in your hip replacement and recovery WMUTEACH, sending lots of quilting hugs.
    Old 07-08-2024, 09:25 AM

Best wishes with your hip replacement surgery WMUTeach!

hav4boys, your candy envelope #2 has arrived. Thank you.
    Old 07-08-2024, 12:08 PM

WMUTeach hope that everyone goes well. Thoughts are with you and all that are having difficult times right now.
    Old 07-08-2024, 01:52 PM

WMUTeach, that’s very big news. I hope you have a good experience. I know several people who’ve had hip replacements and they all said they’re thrilled they opted for the surgery. I’ll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow! Hugs.